750 oil cooled efi turbo questions

First time poster ✌ Long story short, I’m an idiot. I have a kart with a 2001 Katana 750 engine on it. Going to turbo and MicroSquirt it. Quick question is what are people using for crank triggers? I see 24-2 is the go to but where can they be found?

Secondly what seems to be the go to turbo size for little to no lag but not run out of steam revving out? Not trying to set the world on fire power wise but don’t won’t something that chokes up at 6000. 

Thanks!

EFE5A6E3-572F-4137-9597-B7DB1CF9D340.jpeg

25 minutes ago, Kurthtekart said:

Long story short, I’m an idiot. I have a kart with a 2001 Katana 750 engine...

Correct. No such thing as a 2001 Katana 750. RTFR :P

Ok, let's get a bit more serious. Yes, a 24-2 trigger is a good choice with the Microsquirt and most of the other ECUs. I can deliver a bolt-on trigger wheel if needed.

The main question for turbo choice is how much power you want? But if we assume it's about 200hp then some suitable examples could be Garrett GT2560R, GBC20-300 and Mitsubishi TD04-11/13. Just to name few.

23 minutes ago, Arttu said:

Correct. No such thing as a 2001 Katana 750. RTFR :P

Ok, let's get a bit more serious. Yes, a 24-2 trigger is a good choice with the Microsquirt and most of the other ECUs. I can deliver a bolt-on trigger wheel if needed.

The main question for turbo choice is how much power you want? But if we assume it's about 200hp then some suitable examples could be Garrett GT2560R, GBC20-300 and Mitsubishi TD04-11/13. Just to name few.

I see what you did there haha. I can snag a GT2560S relatively cheap it just blew my mind something that eehhhhmm “large” would work for 45 cubic inches. 

Whats the price on one of your trigger wheels to the US?

Edited by Kurthtekart
22 minutes ago, Gixer1460 said:

Not sure if the 2560S is a ballbearing type - which is what you want if you require minimal lag. I'm sort of struggling to understand the 'need' for an excess of turbo power when a good 750 will spin those 6" slicks the entire 1/4 without a turbo!

There is no ‘need’, just the want. Again not looking to set the world on fire with HP, more so the cool factor and this is much cheaper to play around with than my other vehicles. They seem to cost $1,000’s every time I want to do something to them. This thing is $100’s, and ultimately is more fun to tinker with.

3 hours ago, Kurthtekart said:

I see what you did there haha. I can snag a GT2560S relatively cheap it just blew my mind something that eehhhhmm “large” would work for 45 cubic inches. 

Whats the price on one of your trigger wheels to the US?

Turbo sizing goes by power not engine displacement. So the GSX750 probably likes about something that would work well on 1600-2000cc car engine. And on bike engines it's usually better to err slightly on large side than opposite.

The trigger wheel would cost 80€ + shipping. If I recall correctly shipping to the US is between 10-30€ depending on service.