Front master cylinder repair kit

Spelli

I am struggling to find a master cylinder repair kit for my 1980 gsx1100et. 

I have replaced all seals ect in both front and rear callipers and also the rear master cylinder but I can not seem to find a suitable kit for the front master cylinder.

looks like the original is no longer available.  Tourmax do one for the rear but not the front.

all places I have tried so far have come to a dead end. 
Any advice about where I can find one? 
Is there an alternative kit that in which the seals would fit ? 

• 1 month later...

So just an update on previous saga. 
Goparts have eventually come back to me after about 5 weeks to tell me the GSX master cylinder repair kit is not available and is refunding the money. 

I found another supplier in Australia who has 3 in stock but will not export the part because it is in short supply and is saving them for his long term loyal clientele. ( fair enough. )

does anyone have any other suggestions as to how I might track down the part or any alternative ideas as to how I might solve this issue….. ie alternative pattern parts / visually similar master cylinder that might be available.

just had a quick look and theirs a few suzuki's use the same size.

gs1000 1980

gs500 1980

gs650g 1980-83 and others.    P.N. 59600-49810 / 59600-49811

the OEM kit is no longer available but their are after market kits out their. the piston might not look the same as OEM but as long as the seals are the same size :tu 

this looks like it'll work. 

For Suzuki GS650GL D 83 Front Brake Master Cylinder Repair Kit 8957539231325 | Eblag

2 hours ago, TonyGee said:

just had a quick look and theirs a few suzuki's use the same size.

gs1000 1980

gs500 1980

gs650g 1980-83 and others.    P.N. 59600-49810 / 59600-49811

the OEM kit is no longer available but their are after market kits out their. the piston might not look the same as OEM but as long as the seals are the same size :tu 

this looks like it'll work. 

For Suzuki GS650GL D 83 Front Brake Master Cylinder Repair Kit 8957539231325 | Eblag

That looks very interesting.

Thanks very much Tony. I will have a look at those. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/10/2022 at 8:38 PM, bomberone said:

How did you get on with sourcing a front brake repair kit or replacement unit?  

Did you get a repair kit for the rear?

I'm in a similar position with a std Katana, rear needs a repair kit & front needs replacement master cylinder.

Hi, bomberone,

I am still struggling with getting a repair kit for the front master cylinder.

There is a company in France that is listing the part as available but having had a less than happy experience Will ordering the part from goparts in the Netherlands I am a bit weary.

Their digital footprint looks a bit off so I am not going down that line. 

I am currently looking at a similar looking kit for a GS1000 and hoping the seals might fit. 

a repair kit for the rear master cylinder is available from  Tourmax so you shouldn’t have a problem with that. I think the only option for a front master cylinder is either a used part or to try to get one that looks similar.

Please let me know how you get on. It would be interesting to compare notes. 

Edited by Spelli
On 2/14/2022 at 1:55 AM, no class said:

made in Japan ( apparently)….. bought a kit for the Katana ….. looks to be legit

9592A32C-F25A-4154-84A1-858C19BBB957.png

Thanks for the info. 
having looked up on their web site,  this part no refers to the rear master cylinder 

k & L might be worth researching into 

Thanks for the help. It is really appreciated 

Edited by Spelli