Can anyone measure a Pingel fuel tap?

Mike711

I have a fluted GS1000 fuel tank on my 7/11 & RS34 flatslides, unfortunately the 44mm  fuel tap just rests on the top of carb No.1  and hits the carb top when going over bumps/rough ground etc so I have been looking for a lower profile fuel tap, the later taps without a lever are shallower but 50mm bolt spacing.

Does anyone have a 44mm Pingel fuel tap & could measure the installed depth for me or does anyone know of a shallow 44mm tap without a lever?

Thanks all.

17 hours ago, Dezza said:

I have one in a drawer in my shed. What do you mean by a '44mm' tap? Pings are imperial sizes except for the adapters that aren't that big. In the absence of any adapter, what measurements do you need? A pic would help.

I think the OP is referring to the fixing ctrs. of the adaptor. Plus - pretty sure Clive's picture has answered the question!

Pingel's are pretty low profile in ht. terms, some OEM taps might be lower but don't flow as well ! If you do have interference problems its either a case of jacking the tank up to clear or move the tap position! I used to raise my tank 1/2" for clearance - it was hardly noticeable! 

On 11/19/2021 at 7:22 PM, Dezza said:

I have one in a drawer in my shed. What do you mean by a '44mm' tap? Pings are imperial sizes except for the adapters that aren't that big. In the absence of any adapter, what measurements do you need? A pic would help.

It's the centre/centre distance of the mounting bolts & having measured the installed height of the std tap and from Clive's pic it seems a Pingel is the solution to my problem.