Wiring loom help needed

Simonharris

Hi

I've got a GSXR1100M motor in a Harris and am replacing the loom as it's been butchered over the years and I need some help. The IC ignition has two connectors, one with four wires running to the coils etc which is all fine, and one with four wires which runs to the signal generator and tacho. The problem is that Harry Haynes says that there should only be three wires in this connector. I seem to have a spare red with black trace wire but the diagram doesn't even have any wires of this colour let alone going into this connector. I can't even trace it through as it joins into a two pole connector with a blue wire, the blue wire is broken and the connector is loose The bike isn't running so I can't check whether or not it makes any difference.

Any help gratefully received!

suzpic.JPG

That's actually a Clymer Manual Diagram . . . . . . and it is correct for colours and numbers of wires! Blandit mk1's have a wire that colour that tracks down to the neutral switch, but their connectors have additional wires also! But it could be part of a rev limiting 'anti wheelie' circuit - certainly not fitted to GSXR's!