Replacement headers for gsx750Es

AHD

Hi All,

I' m looking for 4-2 headers ( or 4-1) for my gsx750es '85. They are  kind of hard to find cheap.  Does headers from any other, Perhaps newer models fit ? I can get a cheap gsxr750 '97, but not sure if headers will fit.  

By the way, from reading other poste inhere, i guess it's possible to replace front end from '97 GSXR750 without much effort?

Edited by AHD
  • AHD changed the title to Replacement headers for gsx750Es
18 minutes ago, dupersunc said:

Can any one shed any light on this. 

A freind has just bought back his old  gsx750SE Katana pop up , which is thesame engine as the ES.  He's skint but needs new headers for it. Would Bandit or similar headers fit?

I tried a set of bandit headders on my 1980 GSX750 and they wouldn't fit, the problem was the sump but they did fit the exhaust ports.  not sure about the next gen GSX engine though ? 

• Like 1
On 11/15/2021 at 9:31 PM, dupersunc said:

A freind has just bought back his old  gsx750SE Katana pop up , which is thesame engine as the ES.  He's skint but needs new headers for it. Would Bandit or similar headers fit?

Small world Dunc! xD

I just remembered that I had registered here some years back and opened this thread thinking "just what I need!" 

I'll make a proper intro, bike pics, plans, etc once I've made a proper space in the garage for it. 

• Like 1
On 11/15/2021 at 10:31 PM, dupersunc said:

I know i shouldn't hijack a thread to sell shit but I have an aircooled stainless 4-2-1 i can sell for very cheap if that can help you friend out to get his bike back on the road and enjoy it

55 minutes ago, neilw said:

My gsx750 ef based  project has the stainless steel 4 into 2 headers from one of the oil cooled gsxr models fitted , they fit the ports and clear the sump when installed.

Not sure which one they are from , but can post a pic to see if anyone can identify ghem

@jaycee. Looks like a yes to to the Bandit headers