750 slabby with 1200 bandit engine - which swingarm?

johnnyboy

Hi all, I’m starting a 7/11 project (7/12 maybe) - which is the best swingarm option in terms of geometry and strength for the 750 slabby frame - 
-GSXR750J (inc wheel etc)
-Bandit 1200 swingarm - fits?
-GSXR1100 slabby swingarm
-Slabby 750 swingarm (don’t have one though…) 

I also have the bottom link from both a 750 and 1100 slabby to choose from, apparently the 1100 is a better ratio.

The front end will be the whole lot from the 750J donor bike, I assume this is a better option that the 1200 front end (FB suggested 750J option as bandit steering stem longer). 

chz 

4 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

Hi all, I’m starting a 7/11 project (7/12 maybe) - which is the best swingarm option in terms of geometry and strength for the 750 slabby frame - 
-GSXR750J (inc wheel etc)
-Bandit 1200 swingarm - fits?
-GSXR1100 slabby swingarm
-Slabby 750 swingarm (don’t have one though…) 

I also have the bottom link from both a 750 and 1100 slabby to choose from, apparently the 1100 is a better ratio.

The front end will be the whole lot from the 750J donor bike, I assume this is a better option that the 1200 front end (FB suggested 750J option as bandit steering stem longer). 

chz 

750 slabbie arm is the simplest fit. Earlier 85 arms are shorter, the 86-87  arms are the same length as the 1100 slabbie arms.

1100 slabbie link gives more rear ride height, useful with 17"wheels.

1100slabbie arm is slightly more robust, but the geometry is slightly different so will need a longer shock to get decent rear ride height.

Most of the bandit and slingshot arms will fit at the pivot, but they face a different linkage set-up. There is a way you can run these, but I'll leave that to others to explain.

Simplest and most effective setup is the 85 750 arm with 1100 slabbie link, or 750 link with a longer shock.

• Like 2

Thanks, great info - I’m guessing that the 750 J(1987) isn’t a straight fit then… was kinda hoping it would slot in with the wheel etc as I have a whole rear end? 

I actually have an 1100 swingarm so that sounds like the best option from what you say, I have an adjustable rear shock so can play with the ride height.

You also say that the 1100 link gives more ride height so good for the 17’’ wheel swap which I’m planning, but then I can’t raise the front to match, unless the 750J forks are longer..?  If not it sounds like I’ll be raising the rear more than the front… 

12 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

Thanks, great info - I’m guessing that the 750 J(1987) isn’t a straight fit then… was kinda hoping it would slot in with the wheel etc as I have a whole rear end? 

I actually have an 1100 swingarm so that sounds like the best option from what you say, I have an adjustable rear shock so can play with the ride height.

You also say that the 1100 link gives more ride height so good for the 17’’ wheel swap which I’m planning, but then I can’t raise the front to match, unless the 750J forks are longer..?  If not it sounds like I’ll be raising the rear more than the front… 

The  750j front end works well, straight bolt in.

Works perfectly with a raised rear ride height.