Harris Magnum 4 W

Spike

Finally! After years of searching I'm now the proud owner of a Harris Magnum 4. I think the only one with a 1100W-engine.
Took me more than a few years to convince the previous owner to sell it for the right price. ;)
It was ordered in 1992 and build for a W-engine.
Still with the original owner who put it on the attic of his shed.
So we had to take it down first.
Quite a job, but came down without any problem.
Was already blessed to have the JMC, but now even more with the Magnum... (y)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.png

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

• Like 20
14 hours ago, clivegto said:

You going to alter anything on it @Spike

Not sure mate. But always thinking about changing things.
Still have a 1216 turbo standing in the corner... O.o
Perhaps some PVM wheels, big tube forks and changing the colors.
Thinking of chroming the frame and the rest in black.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Spike said:

Not sure mate. But always thinking about changing things.
Still have a 1216 turbo standing in the corner... O.o
Perhaps some PVM wheels, big tube forks and changing the colors.
Thinking of chroming the frame and the rest in black.

NO nooooo....................no chrome !!:o

Bright nickel looks good but not chrome.

But thats just my opinion and its your bike !

• Like 1

Chrome has always been a no-no on frames as it can cause weakening problems. This is why frames when they are plated use nickel, e.g. Moto Martin, Rickman. To get this done will cost big bucks but it's your bike :). Personally, I think the paint looks great, and the only thing I would definitely change would be the bars, bar end weights and the headlights. A set of PVM wheels on it would also be a good move though.

• Like 1

Didn't know that about chrome.
Thanks for that. :tu
Might get nickel plated then.
But that's a plan for the future.

For now I was thinking about a head-cooler and slightly bigger twin headlights.
Definitely changing the bars and weights, silencer and the stands.

• 3 weeks later...

P.S. what's wrong with the stand that warrants it being changed? I ask as your bike has a much sturdier stand than the earlier Magnum 4s. The early ones just had a lug on the frame which gave much trouble (probably due to the usual of some lummox sitting on the bike whilst it's on the sidestand). Your bike has a Magnum 2-type stand that is attached to a steel bar that bolts between the frame and the defunct bottom engine mount. It still looks like a Harris item though although a close-up pic is needed :)

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Dezza said:

P.S. what's wrong with the stand that warrants it being changed? I ask as your bike has a much sturdier stand than the earlier Magnum 4s. The early ones just had a lug on the frame which gave much trouble (probably due to the usual of some lummox sitting on the bike whilst it's on the sidestand). Your bike has a Magnum 2-type stand that is attached to a steel bar that bolts between the frame and the defunct bottom engine mount. It still looks like a Harris item though although a close-up pic is needed :)

Love to see the answer to this. My Mag 4 has the side stand snapped off the bottom mounting of the engine, so really not sure what to do. And I wasn't sat on the bike with the side stand down !! :(

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Wagola said:

Love to see the answer to this. My Mag 4 has the side stand snapped off the bottom mounting of the engine, so really not sure what to do. And I wasn't sat on the bike with the side stand down !! :(

By the look of Spike's bike, the solution was for Harris to revert to a similar sidestand design to that of the Magnum 2. My Spondon frame has a similar stand design, in box section alloy :)

• Like 1
On 11/19/2021 at 2:10 PM, TLRS said:

There are some 2 piece 5 spoke PVM's for sale in Germany which would suit this bike to a T B|

I've seen the 3 spokes, and the red 6 spokes, but no 5 spokes?

The Marchesinis are a bit too new to be "Period", but a nice set of Marvic Pentas would be spot on I reckon.

• Like 1