Clutch basket install question

rodneya

My 1982 750 Katana has a 1983 GS1100E motor.

Putting the clutch basket back in I noticed that there were two washers behind the oil pump drive gear when I took it apart.

Parts diag shows only 1 washer that is  25mm by 50mm by 2.5mm thick. With this in place the gear lines up with the gear on the oil pump.

The other one I have is 25mm by48mm by 1mm thick.  Any Ideas where this should go?

Screenshot 2021-11-01 at 09-25-54 1983 Suzuki GS1100E Clutch Babbitts Suzuki Partshouse.png

Screenshot 2021-11-01 at 09-26-02 Suzuki 09160-25055 - WASHER (25X50X2 5) Babbitts Suzuki Partshouse.png

112224.jpg

I guess the 1mm thick one is a shim and it should go under the thick grooved washer. I think there are some variations in this area between year models so probably that's the reason why your parts diagram doesn't show the shim. Here is a snip from an EFE manual but I think the setup was the same also on '83 E model.

kuva.thumb.png.46e452ed6a6ea0ed2c0f206be4bef87e.png

• Like 2

That looks to be exactly where it goes. Thank you very much Arttu.  I asked this on a few different places and got absolutely zero answers back.

Gotta love the previous owner of this bike. I guess the huge amount of blue silicone gasket maker that was smeared all over the motor and inlets and the speaker wire in the harness should have been a giveaway to his ability to do a decent job of anything.

• Like 2