EFE 530 sprocket

eddiegsx

Ordered a 530 conversion for the above during the first lockdown but only got round to fitting it this week.

Had to return the first front sprocket that was sent as it was for a Kawasaki FFS, shit happens!

Problem I have is that I had the correct item delivered today and fitted it along with 5mm spacer provided and locking washer, with the nut fully tightened there's still 2mm of side play, is this ok or am I missing something?

31 minutes ago, eddiegsx said:

Ordered a 530 conversion for the above during the first lockdown but only got round to fitting it this week.

Had to return the first front sprocket that was sent as it was for a Kawasaki FFS, shit happens!

Problem I have is that I had the correct item delivered today and fitted it along with 5mm spacer provided and locking washer, with the nut fully tightened there's still 2mm of side play, is this ok or am I missing something?

no the sprocket sould be tight on the shaft, otherwise it'll fuck the shaft.  try a washer.

1 hour ago, eddiegsx said:

Cheers Tony it did seem odd to have that amount of play. I have a couple of GT250X7's and the sprockets do have play in them but they're not carrying so much weight or power I suppose.

if it has a big nut on then it should be tight and the sprocket shouldn't move on the shaft, some older small bikes had a circlip holding the sprocket on and the sprocket would wobble about and wear the shaft in time. O.o