Hayabusa Pistons question..

Any information is appreciated.

Picked up some 2000 Hayabusa pistons and rods.

My question is actually ring related, since the Hayabusa was a chrome bore and my Bandit iron . Can the Busa rings be used?

I'm suspecting I would have to buy a specific ring for that.

Any input of how much more boost I can run afterwards?

Currently at around 8psi.

Edited by ApocWarrior
Grammar
14 hours ago, Allspeeds said:

Chrome bores just reduce drag 

And wear, chrome being harder than steel.

All true if they were actually chrome bores . . . . . which they aren't! The Busa block is all aluminium, no steel liners, and uses Nikasil coating - Nickel Silicon Carbide, harder than Chrome and plated onto Aluminium allows tighter piston to bore clearances and better heat transfer.

EDIT Suzuki actually use a patented coating SCEM ( Suzuki Composite Electro-Chemical Material) which uses Nickel Phosphorus Silicon Carbide.

Edited by Gixer1460
Additional Info
4 hours ago, Gixer1460 said:

And wear, chrome being harder than steel.

All true if they were actually chrome bores . . . . . which they aren't! The Busa block is all aluminium, no steel liners, and uses Nikasil coating - Nickel Silicon Carbide, harder than Chrome and plated onto Aluminium allows tighter piston to bore clearances and better heat transfer.

EDIT Suzuki actually use a patented coating SCEM ( Suzuki Composite Electro-Chemical Material) which uses Nickel Phosphorus Silicon Carbide.

Yes indeed there are nikasil but I was splitting his balls over calling them chrome