New member first Suzuki

5 hours ago, TonyGee said:

ah the wetdream mod, qiute popular back then :tu

I can handle some wiring been studying on this 80 model kaw 750 basket case I bought last month (next project ). Was thinking my pickups with that igniter Lewis a 8 wire Suzuki is a 6 but might figure it out.  What is  this wet dream mod ? Thanks to all for the ideas coming in .

5 hours ago, Johnfirstgs650gl said:

I can handle some wiring been studying on this 80 model kaw 750 basket case I bought last month (next project ). Was thinking my pickups with that igniter Lewis a 8 wire Suzuki is a 6 but might figure it out.  What is  this wet dream mod ? Thanks to all for the ideas coming in .

the "wetdream" mod was a REG/REC from a H###A superdream as they where a better unit. :tu

17 hours ago, Blubber said:

My limited knowledge of these early style igniters is that the ignition curve is different and fixed.

I too think an "CDI" from another model or even brand but same era will work. 

Electrexworld might also have something suitable. Universal CDI with 10 curves

I have  a igniter from 80 kaw it's a 8 pin gs is a the extra 2 wires go to pickup coils. That makes 4 ,2 for each pick up. The Suzuki only has 1 for each pickup and a wire hooking them together on the other side of the pickup. To hook up the kaw igniter the 4 wires to the pick up is that I think

1 hour ago, PanzerWomble said:

My claim to fame circa 1992 ....I wrote the "how to" article regarding that mod for Classic Motorcycle Mechanics .

And yes can provide photos...... so it did happen xD

nice one :tu  it was my mate who runs the local bike breakers that told me about it years ago, he must of read the mag. ;)

• Like 1

Sorry to hijack the thread a bit , but you asked about thh Wetdream mod for charging . This is it . 

Ok turns out it was 94 not 92 ....I seem to recall the mag kept talking about, and threatening to do, this article for a while, and in the end I thought I'll work it out and write it myself. As big Suzis were all the thing with my mates around then , I earned quite a few beers on the back of sorting out their dodgy charging . To be straight I didn't invent the mod , just worked out what other people were doing . It wasn't particularly difficult, other than back then bike electrics were a bit of a black art to most of us . 

Ah those pre internet days , hand drawn wiring diagrams , hand written text, and sent by post ......and in the ads, 1974 GT750LKettle ....£1450 ......1984 GS650T ...£450 . Who knew ?

71-D1-FF61-D800-4249-8-B26-F16249-FD6-B8

66326-A6-F-0487-48-C6-9255-1-C78-DF3-C60

• Like 3
15 minutes ago, PanzerWomble said:

Sorry to hijack the thread a bit , but you asked about thh Wetdream mod for charging . This is it . 

Ok turns out it was 94 not 92 ....I seem to recall the mag kept talking about, and threatening to do, this article for a while, and in the end I thought I'll work it out and write it myself. As big Suzis were all the thing with my mates around then , I earned quite a few beers on the back of sorting out their dodgy charging . To be straight I didn't invent the mod , just worked out what other people were doing . It wasn't particularly difficult, other than back then bike electrics were a bit of a black art to most of us . 

Ah those pre internet days , hand drawn wiring diagrams , hand written text, and sent by post ......and in the ads, 1974 GT750LKettle ....£1450 ......1984 GS650T ...£450 . Who knew ?

71-D1-FF61-D800-4249-8-B26-F16249-FD6-B8

66326-A6-F-0487-48-C6-9255-1-C78-DF3-C60

Well I think that's cool as can be.i just seen a little fire . Threw the kaw igniter on a extra pickup.

Just wired in enough to make it work spun it over and there it was fire . No idea if it will run it but I'm going to find out.

• Like 2