1100M Clutch stuck

Nick

So, the clutch on my 1100M appears stuck and i'm pretty sure it isn't the hydraulics as i've bled em through.  It seems like the plates are stuck together from being laid up and probably have dried up?  Bike stalls when trying to go into gear, and I've tried various ham fisted attempts at running it on a stand and using the brakes etc with no success.

The plan is to strip the clutch and inspect the plates, and soak em up in oil then reinstall if they are serviceable.  I know there is a big 50mm socket on the pressure plate and I can lay my hands on an impact gun, so the question is, can I just rattle the 50mm nut off with the bike in neutral and holding onto the hub with a gloved hand?  Or do I need to get the special holder tool and use that as well as the impact?

Sorry for the dumb question, I just don't fancy chewing up my hand or the transmission through poor technique!

If you look in vault section under UK Lee clutch section you can see simple tool he used of mine that you can make cheaply and easily

You got rattle gun so it be easy for you.

Clutch easy job with tools, the pads can rip off easy, bodges are vert short lived, do it properly not like its your daily driver.

Thats if Ian advice of gentle persuasion does not work.

Edited by jonny1bump
  • Like 2