-84 GSX 750EF after 24 years in a barn

carl_87

Time has been lacking, i have moved yet again and am in the middle of restoring something bigger, namely a house.
However, i found the time to do the finishing touches and get an MOT booked, today was the big day.

Lesson learned: quarter full on the fuel gauge is actually zero. Good to know, luckily i had lots of time and got a morning jog.

20220616_085221.thumb.jpg.38bffd59407de0ad3b66f70f88482660.jpg
Almost, but not quite, a clean bill. MOT guy wanted to see a additional red reflective device, easy fix.
Meaning, we are now good to go!

20220616_092003.thumb.jpg.aed8b924eb7d1e897d31b74dbd85de04.jpg

We are indeed going, and it is good

20220616_092018.thumb.jpg.f532d77d793f3933bda6084c6fdeefe7.jpg

Now, i don't plan any more garage projects with this bike for now, we'll see if i find the time next winter to get the frame sand blasted and painted, and perhaps give the engine some cosmetic care.

Thanks everyone for the help and hope you've enjoyed the project so far, i sure have

• Like 4
  • 4 months later...

Winter is coming and the bike is tucked away in the garage. It generally behaved well this summer, but i need to take a look at repairing or replacing the exhaust system, one header is leaking due to it looking like a rusted swiss cheese in places.
Idle is a little low when cold and a little high when hot but it's manageable, but carburettors would probably like a competent tuning.
Managed to drop the damn thing while moving it in the garage and busted the clutch handle, oh well.
We'll see what gets done this winter, i have a new long-term project due any week now that will probably require some time and attention (the diaper-sporting kind).
Other than that, all quiet on the northern front. Cheers!

• Like 1