Oil cooler for 1100efe

I wouldn't use a OEM GSXR cooler on an EFE - they are designed and sized for an oil cooled engine! Using one on an air cooler engine would probably ensure the oil NEVER reached operating temperature! Compare a pic of a GSXR cooler to Rick's above for comparison. A stock EFE oil cooler is even smaller ! ! !

• Like 2

My Harris efe has an Earls cooler a little larger than Rick's. As with all big aircooled fours it still gets mightily hot, especially in warm weather. I remember back when the big aircooled 1000 cc fours were raced in endurance, they often only used the top parts of the fairings due to cooling issues. Old pics of the Bol show this clearly. I don't know the difference in optimal oil temperatures for air v oil cooled engines though. Does anyone know this? I am not saying it is not so but in my experience of big air cooled fours over-cooling via fitting of too big an oil cooler is a new one to me.

• Like 1