Confused about needle washer and clip order

gorbys

Okay so I got my dynojet kit for my gsx1100 and it doesn't mention any thing about the fat nylon washer. 

It also says to install the dynojet washer on top of the e-clip but the drawing shows it underneath the clip. 

So pictured is the stock way, how i assembled it and the dynojet instructions. 

I checked the instructions for a gs850 out of curiosity(since I have a set of those) and it specifically mentions as well as shows the fat nylon washer in those. And the order there is washer, small dj washer, eclip and nylon washer. It also mentions air correctors. Is that what is screwed into the main jet air hole on my gs850 carbs? Last picture. 

IMG_20210923_222901832.jpg

IMG_20210923_222940858.jpg

IMG_20210923_222949911.jpg

IMG_20210923_222956089.jpg

IMG_20210923_223532661.jpg

That little washer is used a shim. If you place under the e-clip you get a mid-point (half setting) between the notches on the needle jet, i.e. twice as many needle height options. By leaving it on top of the e-clip, it does nothing as notch position stays the same height but is a handy way for retaining the shim if needed for further tweaking.

39 minutes ago, gorbys said:

It also mentions air correctors. Is that what is screwed into the main jet air hole on my gs850 carbs?

Nope. Air correctors fit in to the air holes on the carb slides (on the face where the needle jet pokes out). You have to drill and tap the tiny holes then screw in the air correctors in to the slides.

5 hours ago, Jaydee said:

That little washer is used a shim. If you place under the e-clip you get a mid-point (half setting) between the notches on the needle jet, i.e. twice as many needle height options. By leaving it on top of the e-clip, it does nothing as notch position stays the same height but is a handy way for retaining the shim if needed for further tweaking.

I see. Thanks for the information! 

5 hours ago, Jaydee said:

Nope. Air correctors fit in to the air holes on the carb slides (on the face where the needle jet pokes out). You have to drill and tap the tiny holes then screw in the air correctors in to the slides.

Hmm, on the gs850 instructions it does say to drill out the hole in the slide with the included drillbit but the air corrector goes in the hole for the main air on the front. 

Maybe there's different practises I don't know 

17 hours ago, gorbys said:

I see. Thanks for the information! 

Hmm, on the gs850 instructions it does say to drill out the hole in the slide with the included drillbit but the air corrector goes in the hole for the main air on the front. 

Maybe there's different practises I don't know 

Go with what DJ state. All their kits are different configurations of parts. Not all carbs are the same.