Brake caliper

fergmc

Argh, its the old problem. How the flip do I loosen a bleed nipple that refuses to loosen. Drop of heat n wd later and its still more rooted than a 300 yr old oak! Been changing the bars on my 750 teapot to straight bars and right at the end there is an obstacle to slooooowwww you away down.  Any ideas before i hear the dreaded snap?

thanks ferg 

if you've only loosened banjo bolts near the handlebars and nothing near the calipers, you will have no need to bleed them since air goes up in brake fluid. So all the air is near the top.

DON'T pump the brakes after assembly because you will force the air down. As Markfoggy says just push the pistons back in the calipers and the air bubbles will appear in the master cilinder reservoir.

If you've used heat already...the seals are toast! Continue with heat, and touch kids birthday cake  candle to nipple threads. Wax (paraffin) will wick down the thread and free it off. Very rarely fails. In the unfortunate event you snap the bleed nipple off...all is not lost! Someone used to sell banjo bolts with a bleed nipple in the top. Can't remember who, 'tho! I would think anyone who supplies hoses/bolts?