Gs1000 with bandit carbs

wraith

Wraith, there are 2 different GS1000 heads : 1 with small inlets for the VM slide carbs, and one with bigger inlets for the BS CV carbs.

I do not have personal experience myself with the different alternative carb sets but carb spacing wil probably be different.
Some carb sets you can change the location of the carbs without too much trouble but others require much work including linkage adjustments.

I think the early slabby carbs fit on the old model head in combination with Kwak Z900 inlet rubbers.

I have not heard of bolt-on replacements for either model head - other than the expensive Keihin CR/Mikuni RS carb sets.

Edited by Rijko
  • Like 2

Cheers for the replys,

Yes slabby carbs ever the 750 or 1100 will fit both heads (CV and slide) but with the slide carb head you need to swap the carb inlet rubbers, I've used z1000j before.

This is for the CV head, I've got a set of b12 carbs and rubbers on at the moment but it feels like the carbs are a bit big for the engine/ports. I'd like to use a set of the slaby carbs ever 750 or 1100 but 

A. Trying to find some is a bit beyond difficult.

B. They are bloody expensive lol.

So was thinking of trying some b6 carbs (as I've got a spare set) just need to get some rubbers and a bit of time to have a play.

(y)

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Rijko said:

i know, those slabby carbs are expensive. Very.

As are the Mikuni 29 smoothbores that were/are

a very popular upgrade ...

Yes, ever the 1100 CV slaby carbs or the 750 29mm both like hens teeth.

And just think, about 5 years ago I sold and set of 1100 CV carbs for £50 and a set of the 750 carbs for £80 :| that will teach me lol

Edited by wraith
Add a bit
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/19/2021 at 9:53 PM, wraith said:

Cheers for the replys,

Yes slabby carbs ever the 750 or 1100 will fit both heads (CV and slide) but with the slide carb head you need to swap the carb inlet rubbers, I've used z1000j before.

This is for the CV head, I've got a set of b12 carbs and rubbers on at the moment but it feels like the carbs are a bit big for the engine/ports. I'd like to use a set of the slaby carbs ever 750 or 1100 but 

A. Trying to find some is a bit beyond difficult.

B. They are bloody expensive lol.

So was thinking of trying some b6 carbs (as I've got a spare set) just need to get some rubbers and a bit of time to have a play.

(y)

interested in your findings Wraithe

• Like 1

Looks like I'm going to stick with the b12 carbs, they need a bit of force to get them to go on, but do fit with good rubbers ( not hard rubbers) going to have a play with the jetting, as I forgot I'd put 144 mains in to start with but never went any further as it had no stuttering or flat spots (just me being lazy xD) so could be why it feels a bit over fueling at higher revs.

The b6 carbs are going to be a real pig to get on because of the smaller carb and spacing, may work better on a 850 or 750 with a slight smaller port spacing ??

• Like 1