Mix screws 4.5t out, still lean. What's the way forward?

gorbys

21 hours ago, Wolf said:

That's a very good guide. I've usually referenced the one on the gs resources website. 

I did in fact take them all apart again today to see if there was something I had overlooked or something wrong with the pilot circuit. But I didn't find anything special. What I did notice was the float level was a little bit higher than the 22.4mm of the service manual so I lowered it to spec. 

I also found the clamps on the rubbers weren't fully screwed in so there was a tiny air leak on them all. 

So with no air leaks, float level a little higher, and the needles raised a couple of notches the bike seems to run well, it doesn't hesitate when opening the throttle, acceleration is fine, transition is fine, cruising is fine. 

Sound of the Harris 4-1 exhaust is amazing! 

There is still a tiny(really minute) amount of hesitation/surging at low speed/low throttle (20-40kph) but nowhere near what it initially was. I'm gonna order the specified k&n filters for this DJ kit since I need new ones anyways and maybe it'll help, maybe it won't. Maybe I'll just have to live with it being like this, I've owned other bikes that have behaved this way(suzuki v-twins) and it's not really an issue overall... 

• Like 2
16 hours ago, Wolf said:

Are the mounting rubbers hose over aluminum head port or rubber hose on a oval base with M6 bolts to head ? 

If the latter is the "O" rings between head and manifolds good and capable of temps they go through? 

It's the "hose" style 

• Like 1