750 WP with VFR 750 single side arm

Had another result this afternoon. While checking the length of the SRAD shock I bought I found they are 356mm between hole centres.

The shock in the bike is 312mm between centres.

The SRAD shock might be too long to fit.

I started looking at other options and the GSXR 750 K1 to K3 shocks are 330mm between centres.

I found a decent looking one on Eblag for £24 delivered.

Finally finished! Fourth time lucky! I got the mechanicals working perfect with the WP shock only the shock itself was too soft for the SRAD link and dog bones. I got an SRAD shock which was too long and threw up other issues. It is a bigger diameter to the WP shock so hit the link with the SRAD 150mm dog bones. I made some new 140mm and 135mm dog bones which let the shock fit the link but pushed the top eye even higher so the SRAD shock was a no go. The GSXR 750 K2 shock arrived today and it is even bigger diameter than the SRAD shock. It still fitted with the 140mm dog bones but the 15mm spacer plate I made first was too thin to allow the shock to bolt in and I needed to raise the top mount a little. I made a 20mm spacer plate and moved the adjustable top mount up the bolt holes. I set the shock on its softest settings and it works great. You can't bottom it out even with my 15stone fat ass bouncing it! The adjustable top mount is on it's lowest setting as well. So the shock can be dialled in by stiffening the spring and setting the rebound and dampening adjusters and the height can be changed on the top adjuster.

The last picture is one I found online of someone raising the standard top shock mount that I unashamedly pinched the idea off when I needed to raise mine up!

Thankfully I only needed the one spacer plate.

IMG_3729.JPG

GSXR 750 K2 shock £24.jpg

IMG_3730.JPG

IMG_3755.JPG

IMG_3756.JPG

IMG_3760.JPG

IMG_3761.JPG

IMG_3762.JPG

IMG_3764.JPG

Screenshot-20210818-180415-1.jpg

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

I have been away for a week and only just had chance to do the final update. The triangle adjustable dog bones worked but you couldn't get at the adjuster on the bottom of the shock. So I made another set of dog bones at 139mm centres which let you use the adjuster and raise the rear of the bike a little. I noticed the shock was rubbing the 20mm spacer plate so I whipped that off and linished a recess in it to give the shock room. The WP shock looks like a moped shock compared to the GSXR 750 K2 shock. All it needs now is the shock dialled in for the rider.

IMG_3768.JPG

IMG_3770.JPG

IMG_3773.JPG

IMG_3776.JPG

IMG_3797.JPG

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Coming along (y) I do like a sssa, my JBC came with a narrowed triumph arm, it had adjustable dog bones in the style of end bearings. I replaced them with a wn style which I've had powder coated. I've now come across these adjustable top mounts that are offset a little which would've helped move the shock over a little as it's close to the left but hopefully it'll be OK. My shock from 93ish seems to be too stiff

20211028_110934.jpg

IMG_20191104_192512.jpg

IMG_20191108_163628.jpg

20211028_110831.jpg

IMG_20191103_185028.jpg

20211028_110824.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/30/2022 at 10:06 AM, Gixer1460 said:

Apart from being out of focus - what's the difference, save the neon blue, wheel rim stripes ? LOL!

First pic needed a block of wood to stop it falling over. Second pic is pants but the bike leans at a decent angle without the wood.