1100et petcock options

no class

21 hours ago, no class said:

thanks….. I know the Pingel products and have used them with success. I seem to recall there was a non-vac type valve on the Yams or kwaks that was mentioned on here to work on the gs ….. 

Most are gravity fed taps so you won’t need the vac pipe, there are single and twin outlets with reserve and no reserve

They do do a vac operated one if that’s your thing,

As far as I’m aware they are all high flow taps but you will need the adapter plate to fit them onto a standard gsx tank.

I replaced the fuel tap on my 84 GS1150EF (GSX1100EF) a few months ago, with a reproduction unit made in Taiwan. (purchased on Eblag)

The repro unit works perfectly well, but only after I also replaced the 37 year old (factory) vacuum hose that goes from the tap to carb #2

The OEM vacuum hose was not blocked, but I guess it was collapsing under pressure, resulting in no fuel flow.

The cheaper, chinese-made fuel tap I tried from Eblag was no-good, and I also tried several 'rebuild kits on the OEM tap, with no success. (leaking after installing the rebuild kits)

I think the hole spacing was 38mm so if they are the same as a blandit then a 5EB R6 tap will work as I run one on my blandit race bike, the fuel outlet is much larger than a Suzuki so you need the R6 pipe and filter with the tap.

I reduced mine down by then connecting the R6 in-line filter to the original Suzuki fuel hose that feeds the carb

B8B94660-1778-4B6B-BC4F-A485D02497CC.png

Edited by Simbec1863
4 hours ago, ral said:

Fuel tap hole centres on ET fuel tank are 50mm

the ET/EX came with 2 different size taps.

one at the back of the tank is 50mm with no lever just a slot for a screw driver for PRI.  

one just above the number 1 carb is 44mm with a lever for ON/RES/PRI. :tu   

Edited by TonyGee
  • Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

:stop:lots of Harley taps/ internal external threaded, the three HD taps I have are not the same thread as the Pringle, having said that though find a fuel tap you want to fit that gives you the clearance you need and knock up a mounting to fit both the tank and the tap.

• Like 1
On 9/3/2021 at 1:19 PM, no class said:

looking for options on a fuel petcock swap…..what works/ fits the hole spacing on the tank ….. thnxs

A point to bear in mind is that if running a std airbox you’ve only got about 35mm clearance from the bottom of the tank to the top of the airbox ( measured from my ET running std airbox )