Anyone recognize this old Yosh exhaust?

So I had the header off on my 750 yesterday while doing an oil change, and decided to check for the hell of it. It fits and doesn't touch the plastics. I still need to pull the belly plastics again and make sure there's no signs of melting, and I'll need to swap out the oil pan as I currently can't get the drain plug out, and it's backfiring on engine braking pretty bad, so jetting will need to be adjusted. Also the 4-2-1 sounds really weird on a 750.

IMG_0089.jpg

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Upshotknothole said:

So I had the header off on my 750 yesterday while doing an oil change, and decided to check for the hell of it. It fits and doesn't touch the plastics. I still need to pull the belly plastics again and make sure there's no signs of melting, and I'll need to swap out the oil pan as I currently can't get the drain plug out, and it's backfiring on engine braking pretty bad, so jetting will need to be adjusted. Also the 4-2-1 sounds really weird on a 750.

IMG_0089.jpg

Also the 4-2-1 sounds really weird on a 750.

weird good or weird bad?

41 minutes ago, fab said:

Also the 4-2-1 sounds really weird on a 750.

weird good or weird bad?

Pulses almost like a triple, but pulls strong through the revs though. Gonna do the valves and the plugs and make sure there aren’t any leaks anywhere. I’m also not used to having full fairings on the bike and with the new exhaust, all the noises sound strange to me right now. 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, that was a short run with this exhaust. On the last day of a multi day trip up the west coast of the US, a mate rear ended me with his GSXR at a stop sign. I suspect I can get another canister for it, but the mid pipe got a nice kink in it too. The last couple of hundred miles home were loud and the bike ran like absolute shit on the bottom end. 

A4D8F492-6FEB-47DF-B4D3-61092329F1C3.jpeg