Carburetor sizes - recommendations please (for the 1000th time probably)

i put 32mm carbs on a 1200 bandit engine and their was a marked increase in bottom end and mid range, it pulled to 120 easy but i ran out of road but it still had more throttle left. (plus my fecked old body can't take any more than that) i reckon it would pull at least 130, probably more but im not arsed about doing a 140mph plus.  round the lanes it was great hardly needed to change gear much, just so much better that the 36's for that kind of riding.  

I’ve got RS38s on my 7/11 with a mostly stock 1127 engine and full akro system. Never really minded the heavier throttle, and you get used to riding around the lack of any real power down low, but tons of power up top.. I’ve also ran RS36 on 750s and they make the top end amazing, below 5K, well…why would you want to be there anyway?

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...
On 1/15/2023 at 10:47 AM, farl said:

Hi all interesting topic so I've fitted vm29ss to my 1990 1127 are these carbs not sufficient for the motor meaning air intake cause she seems to just take off around 4000rpm ?

Well, most people usually run around 38-40mm carbs on 1100s, and those came off a first gen 750. So yeah, they are going to be on the small side. Now go introduce yourself. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2023 at 6:07 AM, Gixer1460 said:

LOL's - two pages of discussions and recommendations and we come back to using stock carbs - I guess Suzuki san knew something !xD

Suzuki San, wyze mahn 

get the slides to respond a bit more quickly, shim the needles, open the fuel screws, and use the proper main for your set up and CV’s are pretty good, not too tempermental either.  

Edited by cnap504
more stuff