Slipper Clutch

McCoy

2 hours ago, McCoy said:

370steve, does the one you have for sale fit the 89 gsxr750?

i am no expert on its fitment and onto which bike it will fit, but i do know it fits into a stock bandit 12 clutch basket with no modification. some one with better understanding of GSXR 750/1100 clutches and their similarity to bandits might be able to answer that, or contact Sigma as i am sure they can be of help.

1 minute ago, 370steve said:

i am no expert on its fitment and onto which bike it will fit, but i do know it fits into a stock bandit 12 clutch basket with no modification. some one with better understanding of GSXR 750/1100 clutches and their similarity to bandits might be able to answer that, or contact Sigma as i am sure they can be of help.

Okay, thanks. I have already reached out to Sigma and a couple others and I am waiting for replies.

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, Reinhoud said:

May I ask a (probably dumb) question?

What's exactly a slipper clutch? Is it a clutch without a clutch lever what engages when the revs go up?

No, it's a back torque limiting device. It prevents the back wheel from locking up via compression locking when changing down through the gears quickly.  Uses ramp plates to lift the cover plate slightly to allow the clutch to slip.

Common place on 4t race bikes for the last 30years.

• Like 3
5 hours ago, Reinhoud said:

May I ask a (probably dumb) question?

What's exactly a slipper clutch? Is it a clutch without a clutch lever what engages when the revs go up?

That's a centrifugal clutch, common on ancient french and italian peds, C90s and similar.

• Like 1
On 8/22/2021 at 7:52 PM, dupersunc said:

No, it's a back torque limiting device. It prevents the back wheel from locking up via compression locking when changing down through the gears quickly.  Uses ramp plates to lift the cover plate slightly to allow the clutch to slip.

Common place on 4t race bikes for the last 30years.

Ah, thanks!

• 4 months later...