Idle AFRs

rerb

Hey guys, I'm curious what your AFR reads at idle. My idle stays low (500 - 750) and Dips to almost 0 blipping the throttle. typical symptoms of a rich mixture, right? the afrs at idle are 11.8 - 12.5. The confusing bit is that turning up the idle screw fixes the issue, but causes the idle to hang real bad around 2k. A symptom of lean idle. However the AFR stays the same (12ish) while hanging. My buddies boosted civ runs 15 afr at idle. Curious what you guys have before I go buying and swapping jets. Thanks.

I had the same Hanging idle on stock jets too, it started after the rebuild.

I really want to convert to EFI, carbs are a headache.

Generally speaking idle can be leanest where it still runs steadily. In practise that's usually around 13-14 but some engines may want a bit richer around 12.

I guess your hanging idle is somewhat separate issue, like air leak or something similar. And then overly rich mixture happens to fix it.

9 hours ago, Arttu said:

Generally speaking idle can be leanest where it still runs steadily. In practise that's usually around 13-14 but some engines may want a bit richer around 12.

I guess your hanging idle is somewhat separate issue, like air leak or something similar. And then overly rich mixture happens to fix it.

Thats what you'd think, but i cant find any leak for the life of me. It also runs amazing on anything other than the hanging idle. Weird.