Efe decision!

denisd

Well lads, I have a chance of getting a very clean rolling chassis efe, but I am hesitant as trying to get an engine for it might break my heart and my pocket, I know I could put a cheap and plentiful blandit motor in it but it's not the same, am I alone in thinking this? Should I buy it or leave it? What do you think? Is there other options? Thanks in advance all. 

10 minutes ago, denisd said:

Well lads, I have a chance of getting a very clean rolling chassis efe, but I am hesitant as trying to get an engine for it might break my heart and my pocket, I know I could put a cheap and plentiful blandit motor in it but it's not the same, am I alone in thinking this? Should I buy it or leave it? What do you think? Is there other options? Thanks in advance all. 

I'd like to change the engine in my 750 ET to an 1100, yeah i could use an oil cooled one but i want to keep it period,  but the big problem is finding an engine and when/if i do its not gona be cheap !!!  

• Like 1

Indeed a gsx1100 could be an option. 

But basically, if you can afford to pay and stock it, it's worth squirrelling it away.

You already know that if you pass on it, next month there will be an 1135 engine 2 towns away from you that is going to be listed on eGay or something

• Like 3
1 hour ago, TonyGee said:

I'd like to change the engine in my 750 ET to an 1100, yeah i could use an oil cooled one but i want to keep it period,  but the big problem is finding an engine and when/if i do its not gona be cheap !!!  

Ya that's a killer 

If you can, get it put it in the back of the garage and just keep a eye open for a engine or engine parts.

A bit different but I made a full b12 motor out of parts got cheep off fbay for the grand sum of £200 which the most part of that was the gaskets xD

I know the gsx1100 engine parts go for more then oil cooled parts but always worth keeping a eye open.

If you don't get it and a engine comes up you will be gutted.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...