Div needs bandit help please.

Ratty

Oi oi, cheers for havin me, right I’ve acquired a mk2 600 bandit that’s been down the road, it didn’t owe anything when I got it but I’m having to start spending money on it now to sort an that bugs me on a bland 600, so if I’m gonna spend and put time into I wanna make summit I’ll keep with it, so I’m thinking about wackin a gsxr 750l engine in, already have some carbs floating about I can rebuild that should do the job for it, what else will I need? Cdi? Coils? What’s an easy front end swap etc? Cheers wise people’s 

Unless there's a really good reason e.g. insurance costs as a younger rider or you already have the 750 engine, do you have to keep the 600 Blandit? If not it would be much easier to fix and then sell-on the 600 Blandit and then buy a 1200 Blandit, as the price difference isn't that much. Apart from the bigger engine, the 1200 has better brakes and an alloy swingarm as standard and so is a better 'donor bike' than a 600 :)

8 hours ago, Dezza said:

Unless there's a really good reason e.g. insurance costs as a younger rider or you already have the 750 engine, do you have to keep the 600 Blandit? If not it would be much easier to fix and then sell-on the 600 Blandit and then buy a 1200 Blandit, as the price difference isn't that much. Apart from the bigger engine, the 1200 has better brakes and an alloy swingarm as standard and so is a better 'donor bike' than a 600 :)

It’s got insurance right off on the log book so won’t get any decent money for it 

6 hours ago, davecara said:

Break it and buy a early 2000's B12. You might even have money left over!

Otherwise, the std CDi will run a 750, coils will be fine. Fork swaps are straight forward with a stem swap

What about speedo drive?