GSX1100g into GS1100g wheel swap

Anyone know what's involved in swapping in a GSX1100G rear wheel into a GS1100G. I seem to recall that it's possible but not entirely sure. Looking at pictures the drive hub seems to be the same. What about the disk. Seems like a cheep enough swap I'll probably get the wheel and go for if nobody knows.

6 hours ago, Captain Chaos said:

Share the info with all OSS members

Sorry, my bad

Hi,

I'm not 100% on the gsx1100g but I do know the vx800 rear goes straight in, well saying straight in, it fits the drive hub and has the same spindle, you not to take off the hub put in on the wheel and then fit it to the swing arm, as there is not enough room to get the tyre past the hub when it's fitted to the swing arm. Use the vx800 disc and caliper etc and you will have no problems.

I was told the gsx one will fit but never tryed it myself but I can't see why it would.

Ps the gs850/1000/1100g all have slightly different gearing in the hub and all interchange, so if you wanted to play about with the gearing that's the way 

• Like 4
2 hours ago, TonyGee said:

picture is very small wraith, have you got a bigger one ?  looks interesting :)

I will have to get the old picture out of the folder and take a picture of it (y) this was before the digital cameras xD And I will see if I've got one from the other side as well.

• Like 1

i like that wraith its something different :tu  a lot of people don't bother with shaft driven bikes !!!!  dont know why :(  i think they are great ive had a few, the only problem  to me is getting a wide wheel in, but its not impossible but can be expensive O.o  

• Like 2
On 7/27/2021 at 11:34 PM, wraith said:

the gs850/1000/1100g all have slightly different gearing in the hub and all interchange, so if you wanted to play about with the gearing that's the way 

I thought ALL Suzis used same diff internals 2.66:1 off top of my head, even the gsx1100g diff has locator for shock mount from memory.

4 hours ago, Mc Nasty said:

I thought ALL Suzis used same diff internals 2.66:1 off top of my head, even the gsx1100g diff has locator for shock mount from memory.

Just what I was told off GSR site, but that's the yanks for you xD Like all thinks USA all a bit different ;)

They all seem to have the same wheel splines.

1 hour ago, TonyGee said:

why don't you tell me ? 

The shaft drive are a bit of a Marmite bike, you love them or hate them, each to there own. I hate standard gsxr's but a increasing number of people are putting them to standard WHY they look shit :D good engines and running gear for a GS/gsx (y)

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, wraith said:

The shaft drive are a bit of a Marmite bike, you love them or hate them, each to there own. I hate standard gsxr's but a increasing number of people are putting them to standard WHY they look shit :D good engines and running gear for a GS/gsx (y)

yeah i know wraith, it wasn't really a question it was more of a statement  O.o  but some people take it literally !!!!!!  

• Like 1