GSXR 750 1990 USD forks tuning tips?

Blower1

I have 1990 GSXR 750 USD front forks on my cafe EFE. I know it´s are not the best front forks, but are there any

way to modify them to perform better without to spend fortune to special parts?

Bike is about 200 kg and me about the half of the bike weight with riding gear on.

Edited by Blower1
  • Like 1
  • Blower1 changed the title to GSXR 750 1990 USD forks tuning tips?

nothing wrong with the early gsxr forks, have they been serviced lately ?  have you tried setting them to factory settings then road test and see how the bike handles ? if too soft take a screw driver with you and adjust them one click at a time till you are happy. 

as to chroming the USD's,  separating the leg from the bottom calliper mount is a right P.I.T.A.  i did one of mine as it was rusty at the bottom, but i just bought a new after market one off be gay, think it was £110 !!!  

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, TonyGee said:

nothing wrong with the early gsxr forks, have they been serviced lately ?  have you tried setting them to factory settings then road test and see how the bike handles ? if too soft take a screw driver with you and adjust them one click at a time till you are happy. 

as to chroming the USD's,  separating the leg from the bottom calliper mount is a right P.I.T.A.  i did one of mine as it was rusty at the bottom, but i just bought a new after market one off be gay, think it was £110 !!!  

They have been serviced about 8000 km ago. I have no idea about factory settings. Actually forks are quite ok, but could perform better.

I’ve used those on several Bandits I’ve had can be made to work very well :tu

all I do is set the comp and rebound in the middle settings on the clickers, then set sag to suit your weight, 25-35 mm

that will Get you somewhere handy 

as I’m a fat Bastid (18stone:$) I normally have to go up a spring rate, to get sag correct, use the calculator lachie has shown to get springs for your weight..