Efe clutch issue?

Having taken off the pressure plate so i can fit an extended push piece, once refitted there's a wobble in the plate.

Now i can't say i've ever noticed this in any of the GSX/GS/GSXR clutches i've pulled apart before.

Stripped it apart & noticed (pic) that the steel castle centre has movement, & squeezes out oil when jiggled about. Is this worn beyond repair?

It also has 6 hairline cracks in the M6 mounting holes for the pressure plate mounting.

And while it was off, there's play in the hub itself, so would a new needle bearing sort that too?

Finally on strip, i saw that whoever had it before me had put 2 fibres together in middle of stack & the spare steel he had left was put in last, making steel against steel on the pressure plate!

215443528_768407977159506_4506987538120378889_n.jpg

Yep, if the steel center piece has separated from the rest of the hub then it's beyond any repair, I think. Regarding the basket and needle bearing, there is always some play but it's difficult to say what is too much. Unfortunately I think wear would happen equally on all surfaces there, the bearing, basket and shaft. So replacing the bearing may not help much. But on the other hand the bearing isn't very expensive so you can try and see if it gets better.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Screwriverracing said:

Yep looks like past it's Sale by date, also the little rubber stopper seems to be missing, time for a new one.

cheers SRR

I've seen a "cushion" on the parts fische, but that appears to fit somewhere behind the basket. What are you on about?

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...