Misc 1052 engine id wierdness

Yo! Have a bit of a wierd one going on with id'ing a slabside 1100 engine. Been loaned a 1052 motor, however the displacement has been scrubbed off the barrels and the crankcases are stamped beginning with N, which translates as a 600cc engine. The clutch cover casing has 4000ml for the oil capacity, whereas my 1052 motor has 3300ml.

The cam cover breather exits to the left on the loan engine and a slabbie on the right of the cam chain tunnel facing rearwards.

Sprocket cover looks slabbo, but the sump pan oil cooler ports exit at the front of the sump on this one, not the underside as per 1052. 

The carbs that came with the engine are 38mm, way to big for a standard slab. assured engine was 1052, but having doubts.

Any other info to help ID would be greatly received.

Cheers.

No problem really, just a query as to interchangeability of parts really as have to swap bits over etc. Will an unknown sump fit off a 600 fit a 1052 motor etc etc...if that is what it essentially is. Trying to allieviate potential ballache time wastage really. I'm more adapted to the air cooled zooks in all honesty.

1052 cases have a smaller aperture for the starter motor. Later starter motors do not fit 1052/750 slabby cases as the bit that goes into the top case is too large, I thinks O.o So remove the starter motor and post a pic, with a scale in SI units for comparison :)

Niceone, cheers for the reply folks. Will have a ganders. The deal was if I use it, I have to strip, prep and respray it. I have done many motors and it is very time consuming to achieve long, lasting, show worthy results. So I think you can see where I'm comming from lol.

Cheers all.

17 hours ago, Sploofanoofa said:

Niceone, cheers for the reply folks. Will have a ganders. The deal was if I use it, I have to strip, prep and respray it. I have done many motors and it is very time consuming to achieve long, lasting, show worthy results. So I think you can see where I'm comming from lol.

Cheers all.

Well what kind of deal is that ?

Just find the engine you are going to use in the bike, and do the same job to it xD

• Like 1
On 7/10/2021 at 10:15 AM, Joseph said:

Well what kind of deal is that ?

Just find the engine you are going to use in the bike, and do the same job to it xD

Yes, I have an engine, been sat 22 year and fooked. Going to do the same job but waiting for a piston kit and other bits to arrive. Not been given a date for recieving, hence borrowing an engine to get me about and sorted for what's left of the summer. Not going to bother if its not the motor its meant to be.