Indicator relay 750F

wsn03

Thanks chaps

Connectors are all clean (Vaseline). Everything else is spot on but i haven't checked the relay connectors themselves so I'll try that. Battery is new and spins the motor well. Wemoto is a good shout. I'll keep you posted 

On 6/30/2021 at 10:36 AM, wsn03 said:

The indicators come on, open blink then just stay on

Usually indicates a high resistance in the circuit as this is exactly what happens if a bulb blows. Can also do it if the bulb fittings are corroded and have a high resistance. If the new relay doesn't sort it you might want to take the lenses off the indicators and have the bulbs out of the fittings for a looksee.  If there is corrosion in there cleaning up with wet and dry and spraying with WD40 should get things going again.

• Like 1
On 7/3/2021 at 11:19 PM, Crass said:

Usually indicates a high resistance in the circuit as this is exactly what happens if a bulb blows. Can also do it if the bulb fittings are corroded and have a high resistance. If the new relay doesn't sort it you might want to take the lenses off the indicators and have the bulbs out of the fittings for a looksee.  If there is corrosion in there cleaning up with wet and dry and spraying with WD40 should get things going again.

Its a good point thank you. Im going to give everything a good going over like you suggest while I wait for my new relay 

I'll post up any updates too

• Like 1
On 7/3/2021 at 11:49 PM, Joseph said:

Ah true ! Also just remembered if the earth connections of the bike aren't overall great (not only the indicator ones), it can do that kind of thing

Bike stood 2 years, bound to be the case, don't remember last time I had the indicators apart

23 hours ago, clivegto said:

I got one of the bay of e for £7.99 delivered that works on led or normal bulbs just plug & play. 

I looked at loads, but they all implied LED only. I think Wemoto was about 9 quid I think so not too bad

Well the answer is not what anyone would expect!

New relay worked a treat from wemoto.

Then I realised being a complete dunder head  the front indicators aren't connected (fairing respray in progress) - soon as I connected old relay worked too!

Old relay makes blinking sound, new one doesn't - new relay works with only 2 indicators with same timing

• Like 1