Flatslides too big for intake boots ?

HWB

Well according to the reference number those are BST 40 pipes ??? they must be dried out and hard as hell if you can't get the carbs on. So probably not the best to use even if the carbs did fit properly.

A good useable boot will be (quite) stiff but still it will be supple. 

If you are using a RS38 set i posted the part numbers you need earlier. They are still available through Suzuki

3 hours ago, Joseph said:

they must be dried out and hard as hell if you can't get the carbs on. So probably not the best to use even if the carbs did fit properly.

His location is 'Lebanon' so guessing the heat over there is drying the rubber of the carb intakes out ?

The weather here is quite pleasant actually, its 28 degrees celcius and at night drops down to 23, in august it goes up to 32-34 degrees by day and winter 5-7 degrees so... plus the rubbers are not dry, they flex but wont stretch the extra 2mm ... cheers

Edited by HWB
10 hours ago, Joseph said:

Well according to the reference number those are BST 40 pipes ??? they must be dried out and hard as hell if you can't get the carbs on. So probably not the best to use even if the carbs did fit properly.

If you are using a RS38 set i posted the part numbers you need earlier. They are still available through Suzuki

They measure 38mm id

On 6/19/2021 at 8:03 PM, Dezza said:

I/d of my 750 l/m rubbers is 42mm and rs 38s go in perfectly. I have 2 sets of rubbers and they both all measure up at i/d 42mm. I have a set of 750 l carbs and the outer wall thicknesses are definitely not 4mm, which is chunky to say the least. If this is the case, that would be double the wall thickness of RS 38s and the same as RS 34s.

I have relatively easy access to the rubbers but my carbs are in a box under 2 tons of crap but I will dig them out and post pics when I can :).

Dezza you willing to part with a set of rubbers ?

• 3 weeks later...

The info is already in this thread - but one thing that's wrong is that 40c0 is gsxr1100 k and l, 41c0 is 1100m and n models - usa m and n used the earlier 40c0 inlet manifolds, as they kept the 36mm bst carbs instead of using the 40mm bst carbs like the rest of the world market. The dot heads used different shaped inlet manifolds, so ones from other models don't line up so well..at least as standard.