1996 SRAD 750 T GR7DB fuel starving

Hi All,

I have a 1996 SRAD 750T carburated model, which i`m trying my best to keep as stock as possible. The main problem with it is that if my fuel goes bellow half tank, the bike starves and stopes completely, if i try to start it it starts but only with choke on. Then it runs for 2 - 3 minutes and same thing happends again. If i refill the tank to full, problem is solved.

So far i have cleaned, synced and adjusted the carbs, i replaced fuel pump assembly and fuel valve, replaced also the fuel lines. Fuel relay is fine, pump is priming the carbs.

Do you have any ideas how to get to the bottom of this? What else would you check?

Edited by cypy_21
Typos
2 minutes ago, TonyGee said:

my mate had a similar problem on his TL, i drained the tank and found water in the fuel, the pump was pretty shitty as well so he just bought a good used one. fixed the problem.

well, the pump, the strainer, the fuel valve are all new cause i`ve replaced thema week ago. The only difference their replacement made is that now instead of doing the starving game after 7 liters of fuel consumed it now takes 12 liters for the bike to starve.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

In two weeks i`ll get back to work on it, as so far i was riding it keeping an eye on the fuel level, as the problem persisted. I will check the fuel evap lines from the tank, and also the breather. What is strange is that the fuel line from the tank to the carbs i changed half year ago, and now it`s allready cracked on the outside.