19 minutes ago, fatblokeonbandit said:

FhTO8oC.jpg

Personally I see no advantage running two vents from the same area into the same vent can - would have more effect if one from cam cover / rocker cover and other from clutch cavity! Also why does the front end look like you've run into a bus in the picture? Just going by headstock and fork angles?

• Like 1
4 hours ago, TonyGee said:

have you got a V112 form ?  Ive done it twice now and it took less than a Minute to do. dead easy and they will tax it for you at the same time ;)  

Yup got all the paperwork  correct but the V5 says that the first reg was 95, but I've got proof of build date  that JB got so I have to persuade her that it's all kosher.....:tu

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Dezza said:

How will you get it on historic when a declaration has to be made that, to paraphrase, 'there are no major modifications' (ahem) and also it's on a Q plate? They won't do this on Q reg vehicles as Q means date of manufacturure is unclear.

How do you define the original specification.

2 hours ago, dupersunc said:

How do you define the original specification.

Beats me. The dvla rules on historic status are here, and it looks like Q is a no-no, as are kit cars (and presumably kit bikes),  and 'substantial changes' made in the last 30 years.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/historic-classic-vehicles-mot-exemption-criteria/historic-classic-vehicles-mot-exemption-criteria

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, Dezza said:

Beats me. The dvla rules on historic status are here, and it looks like Q is a no-no, as are kit cars (and presumably kit bikes),  and 'substantial changes' made in the last 30 years.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/historic-classic-vehicles-mot-exemption-criteria/historic-classic-vehicles-mot-exemption-criteria

thats what I first thought but this is where the ambiguity starts, If its taxed as Historic then Q plate is OK.

One person on the phone said that If I know the date of manufacture and its over 41 years, than tax it as historic and the V5 will be changed. ?????????

Ive got proof of date of manufacture, so ill fill all the forms in and hand in the proof of date and see what happens...

And as to the "modifed" bit we can gloss over that..:)

In addition if a vehicle (including a motorcycle): • has been issued with a registration number with a ‘Q’ prefix; or • is a kit car assembled from components from different makes and model of vehicle; or • is a reconstructed classic vehicle as defined by DVLA guidance; or • is a kit conversion, where a kit of new parts is added to an existing vehicle, or old parts are added to a kit of a manufactured body, chassis or monocoque bodyshell changing the general appearance of the vehicle; it will be considered to have been substantially changed and will not be exempt from MOT testing.

However if any of the four above types of vehicle is taxed as an “historic vehicle” and has not been modified during the previous 30 years, it can be considered as a VHI

8 minutes ago, Dezza said:

Yep, agreed. 0/10 for DVLA written clarity.

Yup not wrong shipmate..:tu

And when talking to the bloke on the phone, he said dont quote me but, if you apply at the post office and they forward the forms all stamped and tax paid ( £0) it will be processed as normal..? O.o

Ill just go and see the lady at the post office and see what happens:P

• Like 2