1 hour ago, Rsvfletch said:

Same for me mate. It doesn’t help being a big lad either 

Oi, you calling me fat!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D

But yes its a pain for us normal sized chaps,  my legs are too long and my arse tooo large. :$

these special framed things are all built for children sized people, my magnum was the same:(

You coming to Coombe this year Fletch??

49 minutes ago, fatblokeonbandit said:

But yes its a pain for us normal sized chaps,  my legs are too long and my arse tooo large. :$

these special framed things are all built for children sized people, my magnum was the same:(

Always had a larf when following a mate on his Mag 4 - he ain't willowy, 6'3" and looked like a Frog taking a Dump! all crouched down and legs akimbo! His accident damaged knees eventually stopped him riding 'sport bikes' about 10 yrs ago! I can't anymore due to weight on my accident damaged arm and wrists - Renthal MX bars only.

Past accident damage AND getting old, sucks! >:(

2 hours ago, fatblokeonbandit said:

You coming to Coombe this year Fletch??

Yes mate I’ll be there (y)

19 hours ago, Gixer1460 said:

Always had a larf when following a mate on his Mag 4 - he ain't willowy, 6'3" and looked like a Frog taking a Dump! all crouched down and legs akimbo! His accident damaged knees eventually stopped him riding 'sport bikes' about 10 yrs ago! I can't anymore due to weight on my accident damaged arm and wrists - Renthal MX bars only.

Past accident damage AND getting old, sucks! >:(

Yes my Mag 2 was the same, I built it so it looked, in my opinion,  right.  BUT the seat was too low and pegs too high, i could only manage about 20 minute :$

It was one of the reasons I sold it..:(

I haven't been able to use clip-ons for donkeys years, even when I raced my TL1000, 20 years ago, I had to put high bars on it, which also made it much more fun:D

Gratuitous TL pictures as its a quiet bank holiday:P

I must apologise for the leathers , they were very cheap:o

8klMV8F.jpg

jbGYDXb.jpg

• Like 3
15 minutes ago, fatblokeonbandit said:

well im 63 and Brian is 42 so 105 years in total. so I think that counts as Antique not Vintage,,:P

I know the feeling but it's always fun when you ride back into the pits, take your helmet off and the youngsters do a double take that they've been struggling to keep up with an old duffer. xD

22 hours ago, Rsvfletch said:

You looked to be going well enough to me mate. Really enjoyed the day myself (except the chicanes)!

Yes it went OK, still uncomfortable though, sorry didn't get to see you but had to shoot off lunch time shipmate ............

some nice stuff...:D

UqKizIM.jpg

O.o

SZjBntk.jpg

B|

tiISkiR.jpg

This was in my group and the noise it made when it shot off was epic:tuB|

I6TL4s7.jpg

i like good brakes..............

i3TfeH8.jpg

:D and for once no bits fell off.....................

EpoVjT1.jpg

• Like 9
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/10/2021 at 6:41 PM, fatblokeonbandit said:

In the mean time i found a differant rear reservoir..

xXCVR41.jpg

cant remember what from, but it fits a treat,, might use it or mabey just the green HRC tube??O.o

tn1XWAr.jpg

mk2 bandit surely?

don't call you shirley?

actually did a check.. and nope! its not!

Edited by Gpz1100_Convert
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, fatblokeonbandit said:

Now that was fun!!!:D

only stopped as engine mount came loose and it started vibrating like an old Triumph….O.o

I called there yesterday as I only live a short distance from Anglesey circuit seen a few oss bikes circulating including Brian. A fantastic turnout by all involved and great weather to greet you all. Thankyou for showing up and being part of the success.

• 2 months later...

So haven't touched the bikes since Anglesey, due to work, family and all the stuff that gets in the way...............O.o

When i did the last go on Brian at Anglesey the exhaust was blowing and steering head was a bit loose.!

so tightened up the head bearings and had a look at exhaust, one bolt had somehow fell out and abandoned ship!!!:S

No problem I thought, ive got some new gaskets ill sort it out before my last track day of the year at Castle coombe on the 25th...:D

Doh.!!! who put that head oil cooler there !!!!:$

Never thought about that when i fitted it! bugger

0RlFXtF.jpg

3muPPrZ.jpg

• Like 3