Fair play bud you go well on that, looks like you had fun in the great weekend weather. I only live 30 miles away from Anglesey circuit but had a load of family stuff on the weekend looked like a great event, gutted I didn't make it, off to the TT this week so couldn't push my luck. Thanks for the posts 

Edited by eddiegsx
  • Like 2
13 hours ago, eddiegsx said:

Fair play bud you go well on that, looks like you had fun in the great weekend weather. I only live 30 miles away from Anglesey circuit but had a load of family stuff on the weekend looked like a great event, gutted I didn't make it, off to the TT this week so couldn't push my luck. Thanks for the posts 

Ive had the B12 for 25 years now and im just getting used to it:)

I love Angelsey its my 2nd favorite track, and we are considering moving up there when we retire as the Wifes a taffy...........:tu

• Like 5

So how did Brian go??o.O

Im still getting used to it but it went brilliantly, jumping from B12 to Brian was a daft idea I should have stuck with one bike for one day then the other the next day, But that would have been the sensible thing to do:$

But the motor is great now ive fiddled with the crabs bit, it has 38 mm mikkey roonies, i didnt change jetting from when I bought them from BaveR last year, just lifted needles a notch and off we went. 

The engine is a Std bore B12 with Dale Walkers High comp pistonks, Mr Uppertons head, gsxr 1100 K cams and all in all went like FEK:tu

Front end and brakes are brilliant, even if it is from a Yamamamahahahah:$

The seats like a plank and made my Ceramics hurt,:S

It even doesn't look too bad, I might just get the frame re done white nest winter and leave the rest???

And a big fat Thank You to everyone who sent me the anodised Tatt bolts and stuff, it certainly caused a few comments in the paddock:D:tuB|

Need to find another track day to go and play some more, but everything's getting booked up right to the end of the year already!!!!

Anyway onto the next project, I get bored very easily, Light weight wheels for the banditB|

rALPirE.jpg

• Like 6
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/31/2022 at 9:20 AM, fatblokeonbandit said:

Ive had the B12 for 25 years now and im just getting used to it:)

I love Angelsey its my 2nd favorite track, and we are considering moving up there when we retire as the Wifes a taffy...........:tu

WOW… nice job… nice & looks like it rides great !!  B|

Funny though… my name is Brian… Martin [moto]… born in Anglesey :pimp:

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...

So after visiting Trumpland for a mates daughters wedding, and 2 months working away, ive got home and finally made some room in the garage to crack on....

So how the fek do you get rock hard powder coat off one of these frames.?? O.o

i guess it has to be done chemically, or something not to abrasive??B|

Just booked track day at Castle Coombe April the 5th so better get a move on:o

Gratuitous picture as I havent posted any for ages..

9EE1B32F-F667-4D06-8F4F-AE99414220C5.thumb.jpeg.41dd54616730a21de5d1609f7898ebc2.jpeg

fxjRiAp.jpg

• Like 3

Acetone dipping takes powdercoat right off. You'll just need a big bath tub though for something that big. :D

My powdercoat painter confirmed that something already PCed (namely, alloy motorcycle rims) could be blasted and recoated with no risk to the part itself, so, your steel frame will be fine if you want to change the colour

• 2 weeks later...

So plan "D"O.o

im working away next week until end of February, 1st track day booked at castle coombe 5th of May, so absolutely no chance of getting anything finished by then so, I went out the garage, inserted some petrol  and pushed the tit, and it fried straight up and ran fine..:tu

I might get another rear tyre, but other wise, "if it aint broke don't fix it" B|

Only thing i will do is fit indicators and see about MOTing it....:tu

Dose a Q reg need indicators???????????????

3 hours ago, fatblokeonbandit said:

Dose a Q reg need indicators???????????????

No, but often MOT testers do not know the rules so go pre-armed. They should be tested as if manufactured on 1st January, 1971. When I take my Q bike for it's MOT I go with a print out of the relevant page of the testing manual with the web address written on it. See link below, section 5.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/mot-inspection-manual-for-motorcycles/introduction

You are less likely to get a load of shit regarding indicators if your Q bike was registered before 1987, because bikes registered before that date don't have to have them. A Q plate is also a get-out-of jail free card for noisy exhausts, having to have 2 brake light switches, number plate lights and a few other minor details. My guess is a common tester ignorance of the Q plate rules  probably reflects the few bikes on Q plates they test coupled with a general assumption that all Q plate vehicles are ringers, which winds me right up :(

Edited by Dezza
  • Like 2
  • 2 months later...

So due to unforseen circumstances, of the 3 bikes I have to use on track days, only Brian has a chance of being ready for next week at castle Coombe..

I was going to use the Teapot but shit happens .. this will be a bit of a test for Brian as last year my starboard Hip was really hurting after about 8 laps of Angelsey, so we will see if its got worse, the teapot and bandit are much more comfy, so i might have to accept that as time passes i cant ride small bikes with high foot pegs.O.o:(

Bigger probelm is getting back into my romper suit.. :$

Edited by fatblokeonbandit
  • Like 6

So spent today getting Brian running, started off on 3 so

cleaned carbs and nicked plugs from teapot.. Better:)

fitted my universal number plate and put my hat on pulled away and it stopped dead no electricity, arse!!!!!

fuse blown , spent the next 2 hours not finding the short or wheee the electricity is leaking out of the wire !!!!

as the track day is Wednesday I gave  up and dragged the bandit out,  found the battery in the airing cupboard!

and fired it, as usual It works just fine, so bandit it is then :)

• Like 4

Would have been better off with a canoe than a motorbike,,!!!
once the rain soaked through to my pants I gave up and went home,:(

oh well can’t do anything about the  weather……. Bandit went well as we all tip toed round,

now I need to get Brian sorted for the 15 as I’m doing classic bike one at Combe…..:tu

found a dodgey earth plug which is where the leccy is escaping:)

• Like 4

So Brian is ready for his first outing since September last year, Castle Coombe again, Classic bike track day, I'm in the VMCC groupO.o don't know if that's the bike or me!!!!!:D

Anyway, stopped all the electricity escaping buy fitting new earth connector and all it well, apart from my hips, its so uncomfortable for my dodgy hip bone, only did 5 miles and it was agony :(

had a look at raising the seat or lowering the Starboard side foot peg, but I don't think I can, and keep it looking half decent.!!

Im just a bit worried that i wont be able to ride the Bleedin' thing due to my hip!  Getting old is shite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(

XSkPVbZ.jpg

• Like 8
1 hour ago, fatblokeonbandit said:

So Brian is ready for his first outing since September last year, Castle Coombe again, Classic bike track day, I'm in the VMCC groupO.o don't know if that's the bike or me!!!!!:D

Anyway, stopped all the electricity escaping buy fitting new earth connector and all it well, apart from my hips, its so uncomfortable for my dodgy hip bone, only did 5 miles and it was agony :(

had a look at raising the seat or lowering the Starboard side foot peg, but I don't think I can, and keep it looking half decent.!!

Im just a bit worried that i wont be able to ride the Bleedin' thing due to my hip!  Getting old is shite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(

XSkPVbZ.jpg

Same for me mate. It doesn’t help being a big lad either