11 hours ago, fatblokeonbandit said:

Not sure about plain steel look???? I think whites the way to go, whatever i choose will be later on after the summer..:)

I do like the the bare steel and brazed joints look with a clear coat to protect it. I'd do the same on my Mag 4 and still might on the next rebuild.

Whatever I do will have to wait.

Castle coombe Classic track day next Friday week..!!!:o

So better get me finger out, got it out and sorted all the small things and went for test flight number 2, much better, all that needs doing is the gear lever position sorting and the bastard clutch, its sooooo heavy, I think I must have fitted 2 HD springs instead of just one....:$

Anyway it went fine stopped brilliantly, carbs are not quite 100% but haven't got time to find a DYNO..

need to fit a baffle as its a bit loud:$:D

Si instead I wiped it over with an oily rag, that will fix it:tu

pO51Lt9.jpg

1IAAiGU.jpg

57tuhju.jpg

dQx1v28.jpg

• Like 9
  • 2 weeks later...

It was all going so well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in an effort to make Brian pass the noise test at Casle Coombe, i fitted a differant race can, it worked well and its much more acceptable.

BUT, the phone rang and when i came back i put the bike away without turning the Pingel off!

couple of hours later Mrs fatbloke says " whats that smell" instantly I knew. ran out to gargae and about 20 quids worth of super duper unleaded is on the gargae floor..:(

Bollox, so carbs off and clean them out again to seal the float valves and empty the engine of gas.. Bloody motor bikesO.o

u95lzdt.jpg

• Like 5
35 minutes ago, fatblokeonbandit said:

BUT, the phone rang and when i came back i put the bike away without turning the Pingel off!

couple of hours later Mrs fatbloke says " whats that smell" instantly I knew. ran out to gargae and about 20 quids worth of super duper unleaded is on the gargae floor..:(

Bollox, so carbs off and clean them out again to seal the float valves and empty the engine of gas.. Bloody motor bikesO.o

Thats only about a teaspoon full these days! 

Full trackday report back please :pimp:

• Like 1

This will piss you off then - Just sold SWMBO's trike this morning, hasn't run in at least 5 years, turned on tap (with whatever fuel was in there), pulled choke and it was on jump leads but fired up after about a minute of cranking & some EasyStart and sat ticking over, smooth idle after 30 seconds . . . . . . . . amazed me, stunned the buyer - life can be like that I guess LOL!

I guess you are lucky that fuel stayed external and you didn't fill the crankcases ?

Have you dismantled the tap or have you just removed it from the tank? If just taken from tank then it looks like the tap has been modified as there should be a bit sticking out of the hole in the middle, and also a ridge where the filter gauze is pressed into.

1 hour ago, Dezza said:

Have you dismantled the tap or have you just removed it from the tank? If just taken from tank then it looks like the tap has been modified as there should be a bit sticking out of the hole in the middle, and also a ridge where the filter gauze is pressed into.

It didn’t leak, shipmate, some dipstick left it on :$:$

1 hour ago, Dezza said:

Anyway fitt3d clean carbs, new plugs and oil and fired it up, much better noise wise.:)

so whipped the clutch springs out????

thers 3 in there 2 Barnett HD and a standard one??O.o

had a think and realised I just had a look and saw the H/D spring and left it, looks like someone in the past was too tight to fix a  slipping* clutch 

better have it to bits and have a look!!!!

Fekin motorbikes!!!!!!>:(

Edited by fatblokeonbandit
  • Like 1

FEKIN motorbikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This engine came from a mate who had it sat in garage for 3 years he bought a running b12 and took the  motor out,  He rode it home so I assumed the engine was good, ..

Not only was there 3 diaphragm springs in the 2 x HD and a std one, but one too many steel plate and lots of fecked fibers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The hubs been baked as well. ARSE bugger and BUM 5 days to first track day.....o.O

PGYWFRv.jpg

aRt3cOA.jpg

KaPUq4T.jpg

I9mvdQl.jpg

better go find all the missing bits I suppose, :S

36 minutes ago, Dezza said:

Look at the positives: it's good you found that lot now rather than after some of that clutch debris blocked an oilway halfway through a track session and buggered up something very expensive :)

Wise words matey, wise words…..

yup much better finding it now than next Friday at castle Combe. Just hope I can sort all the issues, I have teapot and b12 running ok now so have back up……..

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, clivegto said:

Wow never seen plates like that before or the drum turned blue. 

I have had one with plates fell to bits, they were non Suzuki ones and some idiot wheeled it everywhere then complained the clutch went:)

Not seen a hub that hot though:o

I reckon some idiot had this one and the clutch slipped so added HD springs, it still slipped so stuck another spring then another steel to attempt to stop slippage….

• Like 1