22 hours ago, fatblokeonbandit said:

Not sure how but the motor is 5 mm off to the Port side!??O.o

better take all the spacers out and see what ive done wrong:tu

lOq0zsL.jpg

I had a similar problem when I checked motor alignment in my Harris frame. Not sure by how much but was definitely not central ! Will check thru notes later so see by how much. Possibly due to chain alignment ?

On 6/19/2021 at 4:16 PM, fatblokeonbandit said:

Loosely put all the important bits in to see what it looks like :)

D480A451-0913-460E-9031-9FC9A0353632.jpeg

81F5764E-3050-47E0-845D-DE6EE7008CB7.jpeg

BE67CD5D-F2BC-43BA-B42F-0BEC3B3170B0.jpeg

14F5DE94-2675-44CF-9A51-E0406E5430F7.jpeg

CB3D13E5-1F65-4318-8296-4CED3159DFA9.jpeg

Have the axle slots been extended on the swing arm? I am looking at putting an SV 650 swingarm in my Hyosung 650 and it is a fraction longer on the rear of the slots, while the slots themselves aren't as long as the Hyo ones. I was thinking of machining them a bit longer to get the original length on the arm. 

8 minutes ago, clivegto said:

My Harris engine is central at the frot of the frame but the top frame rails have different spacings either side. Not uncommon apparently. 

Not checked mine at the front but there are different sized spacings on the rear engine fixings that seem to skew the engine over at the top frame rails. I spoke to Harris about it and they seemed unconcerned. Like you say not uncommon apparently. Was going to wait til I put the engine back in to see if I can the engine more central and see how that affects chain alignment. Or just ignore it !xD

8 hours ago, Ade said:

Have the axle slots been extended on the swing arm? I am looking at putting an SV 650 swingarm in my Hyosung 650 and it is a fraction longer on the rear of the slots, while the slots themselves aren't as long as the Hyo ones. I was thinking of machining them a bit longer to get the original length on the arm. 

Not a clue shipmate??  It’s a slabby arm no idea how long it’s supposed to be ??

11 hours ago, jb said:

There’s a good chance it was like that when I had it Gary, all the mounts had been made by the previous owner and I never removed the engine or properly checked alignment. I’m sure you’ll sort her out, it’s coming along really nicely 

:tu

Just checked front spacing and the spacers are different lengths by 5 mm :tu

I had them in upside down and back to front!!! :)

• Like 4
On 6/21/2021 at 10:11 AM, jb said:

There’s a good chance it was like that when I had it Gary, all the mounts had been made by the previous owner and I never removed the engine or properly checked alignment. I’m sure you’ll sort her out, it’s coming along really nicely 

:tu

I think your right, Jon, it probably didn’t matter if it ran alright, it’s just me being a bit pedantic :tu

anyway it’s all lined up, now to do chain run:)

• Like 1