Show us your Turbo/super charged bike

26 minutes ago, Gpz1100_Convert said:

easy. its a mk2 bandit so was always unsure if it ever qualified. plus is a bandit eh... fucking bandits.... lol

According to 'The Rules' it qualifies as a heavily modified Blandit. It is a great example of how with ingenuity and imagination even a Mk 2 Blandit can be interesting.

On 6/25/2021 at 9:55 AM, Joseph said:

Basic question, but how rideable are these setups (talking about the more reasonable 230-250 hp bikes shown above) ?

I'm thinking spirited riding mode ON, speeding up to a bend, brakes, downshift, revs go up, turbo kicks in due to exhaust surge, and so you're lifting the front wheel while on the angle you're leaning over to take said bend ? 

Thats basically what caused the Renault Super 5GT turbo for example to go in straight lines when cornering back in the day xD

Perfectly usable my one is, it's light, handles and is very fast. Thousands of road miles also. IMG_20201020_152223.thumb.jpg.57b648480cba83551a14caf51d8a20e9.jpg

• Like 6
On 6/25/2021 at 6:55 PM, Joseph said:

Basic question, but how rideable are these setups (talking about the more reasonable 230-250 hp bikes shown above) ?

I'm thinking spirited riding mode ON, speeding up to a bend, brakes, downshift, revs go up, turbo kicks in due to exhaust surge, and so you're lifting the front wheel while on the angle you're leaning over to take said bend ? 

Thats basically what caused the Renault Super 5GT turbo for example to go in straight lines when cornering back in the day xD

Mine isn't that fast, but that step in my seat is there for a reason!! First I had my old seat on, but when I opend her up I was almost sitting on the tail piece.

Also with the step in the seat it's easier to keep it under control.

I do start to think that my bike has more HP then I think..

When my bike was running way to lean and with the ignition too much advanced it cranked out 150HP. Hayabusa's crank out 160HP on that dyno, and when I fiddled around with the ignition timing and put bigger jets i it it gaind quite a bit more power, con rod snapping much ;)

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

‘90 750L

EFI, Borgwarner snail :)
200hp even at the rear wheel @1bar. Extremely streetable- so much so that I’ve even built a seat for my son to come along for a ride ( it hides under the rear seat cowling). It’s also fast enough to push 180-190 at the bonneville salt flats on the intermediate course. 

09C989C2-B5CE-431A-ADA3-BEB81ED4DB43.jpeg

F3ECBE3E-3C82-4964-ACFF-B91769EBA8E4.jpeg

• Like 13
18 hours ago, Jmckechnie said:

‘90 750L

EFI, Borgwarner snail :)
200hp even at the rear wheel @1bar. Extremely streetable- so much so that I’ve even built a seat for my son to come along for a ride ( it hides under the rear seat cowling). It’s also fast enough to push 180-190 at the bonneville salt flats on the intermediate course. 

09C989C2-B5CE-431A-ADA3-BEB81ED4DB43.jpeg

F3ECBE3E-3C82-4964-ACFF-B91769EBA8E4.jpeg

Ace

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/21/2021 at 6:42 AM, Screwriverracing said:

Mine, know awaiting surgery to have motec M84 fitted and  a list of stuff as long as my arm to do, not sure if I'll ever get it going or not.

Cheers SRR

IMG_1695.JPG

Why did you choose for this setup?

Because how you have it you have both a long exhaust and intake..

12 hours ago, Screwriverracing said:

No, it's M84 the cheap mans M800.

Cheers SRR

Shows how long i've been out of the Motec loop! I was aware of the M800 as that was the natural upgrade from the M8 I last used but the M84 is now a deffo option as I do have 8 injectors to control sequentially!