Show us your Turbo/super charged bike

1 hour ago, El Gringo said:

Thanks boss, it's getting there, I got it to rev to about 7K before the stuttering so i've made a few tweaks to the jetting and float bowl compensation hoses but haven't had chance to test it properly yet

It was approx 158kg with oil but no fuel using the everso reliable bathroom scales and block of wood technique

You should ask my wife what she thinks about the bathroom scale method ;)

Nice bike! Is that a 400 frame?

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Reinhoud said:

You should ask my wife what she thinks about the bathroom scale method ;)

Nice bike! Is that a 400 frame?

xD I know better than to ask questions like that!

Yup, 94 GK76a Frame and Engine, the rest of it is a mismatch bitsa of stuff i had kicking about

• Like 1
On 6/21/2021 at 8:52 PM, Gixer1460 said:

Nothing special compared to some!

Gixer Horsepower shootout 2005.jpg

GSXR 1100 012.jpg

Gixer Full bodywork 003.JPG

Gixer Full bodywork 001.JPG

Thanks.

For some reason I thought you would have a bike more like Meanbean has.

The cylinderblock you have, does it have ports for cooling? I was under the assumption that those big blocks were for dragrace only..

1 hour ago, Reinhoud said:

The cylinderblock you have, does it have ports for cooling? I was under the assumption that those big blocks were for dragrace only..

No cooling ports - solid billet block but the fin area compared to a std GSXR and even a Gorilla Big Block is substantially increased. more comparable to an aircooled engine. No tuned GSXR likes sitting still - this one is no different in that respect, but with airflow the repositioned and fanned stock cooler keeps pace.

• Like 2

Basic question, but how rideable are these setups (talking about the more reasonable 230-250 hp bikes shown above) ?

I'm thinking spirited riding mode ON, speeding up to a bend, brakes, downshift, revs go up, turbo kicks in due to exhaust surge, and so you're lifting the front wheel while on the angle you're leaning over to take said bend ? 

Thats basically what caused the Renault Super 5GT turbo for example to go in straight lines when cornering back in the day xD

My supercharged -86 EFE. Eaton M45 from Mini Cooper S, 1327cc + all the needed stronger engine internals.

Fuel & spark controlled by MS-efi made by Arttu. Bike is mixed user but mostly run with E85.

Slightly over 200 rwhp and enough torque at least for me.

20210625_162608.jpg

• Like 7
7 hours ago, Joseph said:

Basic question, but how rideable are these setups (talking about the more reasonable 230-250 hp bikes shown above) ?

I'm thinking spirited riding mode ON, speeding up to a bend, brakes, downshift, revs go up, turbo kicks in due to exhaust surge, and so you're lifting the front wheel while on the angle you're leaning over to take said bend ? 

Thats basically what caused the Renault Super 5GT turbo for example to go in straight lines when cornering back in the day xD

Like mentioned above a well set up bike should be fairly rideable. But naturally the turbo adds its own twist when going through corners. Especially if you let rpm drop below spool-up threshold it can be slightly interesting when the turbo winds up in the middle of the corner. In practise I would say it's fine for normal spirited riding but if you are looking for an ultimate tool for lap records on a circle track then a turbo bike may not be the optimal choice. 

For reference, here is an example how it looks when a crappy rider tries to go around a track :P

Edited by Arttu
  • Like 6