Slave cylinder

badger

12 hours ago, fatblokeonbandit said:

This is why i change to cable clutch on oil cooled engines, not only better feel from a  cable, but much cheaper and simpler to fix, and less likely to go worng.:tu

QDfqA9J.jpg

I've thought about it in the past but I like the hydraulic clutch. 

2 hours ago, clivegto said:

Last one I did I just got a new seal, put the piston on the spinny wire wheel then slightly honed the slave bore. Works like new now. 

Thats what happened to the last one but there was pitting on the piston under the seal. Lasted a few months but leaked again while stood up over winter.

Found a nearly new one on Eblag from Lithuania. Will turn up one day. I've had another one powder coated so will Rob the piston out of the new one. 

Hoping that sorts it! 

• Like 2
On 6/1/2021 at 8:33 PM, badger said:

I've thought about it in the past but I like the hydraulic clutch. 

Thats what happened to the last one but there was pitting on the piston under the seal. Lasted a few months but leaked again while stood up over winter.

Found a nearly new one on Eblag from Lithuania. Will turn up one day. I've had another one powder coated so will Rob the piston out of the new one. 

Hoping that sorts it! 

Could a stainless piston be made in the same manner as replica brake caliper pistons?

1 hour ago, badger said:

A mate has offered to make me a stainless one. He's very handy on a lathe. I will take him up on it but it'll be ages until it happens. 

That dust seal would be handy!

Heard it off a man who is on the bandit owners forum.

Did try joining to find out more but still waiting for the admin to do there bit 3 mouths later O.o so won't be joining that forum then xD

• Like 1
13 hours ago, wraith said:

Heard it off a man who is on the bandit owners forum.

Did try joining to find out more but still waiting for the admin to do there bit 3 mouths later O.o so won't be joining that forum then xD

I joined the Blandit forum a while back, but it was a bit bland so I don't bother going there nowO.o

• Like 1