Td05 Oil ports

Can anyone help identify which are the oil ports on this td05 16g? there are 6 ports total, the ones in red are what I believe to be oil, I know one of them is because I see the restrictor inside it. This turbo is a generic one that was meant for a DSM Mitsubishi, nothing included in the box helped me here, and I couldnt find much on the internet. thanks.

20210524_174155.jpg

20210524_174133.jpg

20210524_174142.jpg

20210524_174119.jpg

7 hours ago, wombat258 said:

Port with restrictor is oil inlet. Directly opposite that is the oil drain with 2 tapped holes either side. The other 4 ports are the water ports - blank off 2 and run the water inlet/outlet either side of the centre section.

If im not using water, should i blank all 4 off? thanks. 

8 hours ago, Gixer1460 said:

Blow some LOW pressure air through each one - the water passages will have very little resistance, the oil ones a bit more!

Good method, thank you

1 hour ago, rerb said:

If im not using water, should i blank all 4 off? thanks. 

IMO it depends on what bearings are fitted! If traditional plain oil fed bearings then all water cooling can be blocked. If it has a ball bearing core with a plastic cage then I wouldn't run it without water cooling at all - the cages are moderately delicate and suffer with excess heat. If the bearings have metal cages then you could either leave them dry or could run oil through them - it will pull some heat away - not as good as water but the bearings aren't as delicate!

2 hours ago, Gixer1460 said:

IMO it depends on what bearings are fitted! If traditional plain oil fed bearings then all water cooling can be blocked. If it has a ball bearing core with a plastic cage then I wouldn't run it without water cooling at all - the cages are moderately delicate and suffer with excess heat. If the bearings have metal cages then you could either leave them dry or could run oil through them - it will pull some heat away - not as good as water but the bearings aren't as delicate!

Cheap ol' journal bearing. not going for massive boost numbers right away (10-12psi for now) so ill stick with blocking them off. Right now Im dealing with idling at 22 afr with stock jets, so it'll be a minute before it's boosted.

7 hours ago, Gixer1460 said:

Hmmm - i'm surprised its actually running at 22 AFR as most engines need to idle at 15:1 or less / richer. Never normally see 22:1 until in a closed throttle, engine over-run situation ie. injectors off.

It loses a few cylinders and hangs the idle super high if rev'd. I've checked the pilot bores and they're clear, i had 37.5 pilot jets in and bought some 40s. I replaced the intake boot seals all around, and cant find any other trace of a vacuum leak. Maybe the k&n filter with a performance exhaust is too much with the busa pistons, as it was running fine before the rebuild.

When free revving to 4k the afr drops to 14-15 and gets better from there, it's still gravity fed as of now

Edited by rerb