Bandit mk2 electronic Speedo ?

wraith

They turn up on the auction site quite regularly. There are 3 approaches;

1 Buy one with a Suzuki harness. Needs a bit of patience.

2 Buy the cheapest one with the intention of replacing the harness. £20 - 25 extra.

3 Buy the cheapest one and replace the plugs with Suzuki ones.

A note of caution, the V4 comes with a top speed memory button (if fitted) so have a "closed road", "private aerodrome", "just got back from Mexico" story ready if you get a tug and the nice policeman is aware of such things - and some are. 

Edited by Slabby11
Amended
  • Like 1
15 hours ago, Slabby11 said:

Note of caution, the V4 comes with a top speed memory button (if fitted) so have a "closed road", "private aerodrome", "just got back from Mexico" story ready if you get a tug and the nice policeman is aware of such things - and some are. 

I really can't see what they can legally do with that unless they actually catch you doing it. I'm guessing nothing

2 hours ago, wraith said:

Lots of daft questions I know but this is new Tec for me xD

Is the speed set at the clocks or somewhere else?

Just I'm running b6 clock's with b12 motor and as the b6 has different gearing to the b12.

The speedo healers fit between the sprocket counter and the speedo guage in the wiring. Some have a calibration procedure that usually counts the pulses from the sprocket whilst travelling over a measured distance - 10m, 100m, 1km or a mile - just needs to be accurate. The one above relies on knowing actual difference between speedo reading & actual speed via GPS or difference in % of gearing change. Once that is set, the speedo healer outputs the correct pulses to drive the speedo to show the correct speed. Think - taking your pulse over 30 seconds, multiple x2 and you get beats per minute.

Edited by Gixer1460
correction
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Joseph said:

I would say it's the clock CPU that deals with translating the sprocket sensor. Check if the part number for the sprocket bit are the same between the 6 and the 12 and you'll probably get the answer you need

Well, there you go, both the rotor and the sensor are the same part number for both the 600 and 1200.

So as I'm using the 600 clocks I should be able to go up to a 47t rear and a 15t front before I need to look at these Speedo healer.

If you go to healtech's speedohealer webpage at the bottom there's an About the SpeedoHealer section that has an online calculator, put in the sprocket and wheel sizes and it will give you the percentage change, set that in the Speedohealer and everything should be good.

• Like 1