Head gasket

every genuime suzuki part I ever bought .... had the sticker on the box , bag  or envelope the part came in . why the seller of your item did not leave the gasket in it’s original plastic wrap ( even if it was opened or damaged from being moved around ) ..... might indicate false advertising...... 

2 hours ago, Swiss Toni said:

@no classI just went on Robinsons and Ron Ayers websites, and put the part no in. Doesn’t exist! Correct part no ends in 01 ... not 10! Shoulda done this before buying. Any other opinions?

Actually the part # is correct also 11141 - 49230 is correct. But both have been superceded by part # 11141 - 00A03. Information from AlphaSports. I would be more concerned that 'if genuine' a) why it was pictured clearly not in original packing and with random suzuki label and b) why you didn't get what was pictured and critically without the label! I smell a knock off gasket being passed off as original - its also its too cheap as everything even on Eblag is min. £69 + ! ! !

Seller replied. Says the gaskets come in packs of 10, hence quantity under part no. on label. Part no. label stays with main pack. I’m inclined to believe this, as I think Suzuki would despatch individual gaskets to dealer in correct packaging with separate part no. label? Says he will amend listing to show this. 

Edited by Swiss Toni
35 minutes ago, Swiss Toni said:

Seller replied. Says the gaskets come in packs of 10, hence quantity under part no. on label. Part no. label stays with main pack. I’m inclined to believe this, as I think Suzuki would despatch individual gaskets to dealer in correct packaging with separate part no. label? Says he will amend listing to show this. 

this is true Toni, they do send packs of gaskets to dealers and they just pick one out to give the customer. but some gaskets come in individual packets  :tu

Edited by TonyGee
  • Like 1
13 hours ago, TonyGee said:

this is true Toni, they do send packs of gaskets to dealers and they just pick one out to give the customer. but some gaskets come in individual packets  :tu

Why would any dealer want 10 head 1100 EFE gaskets sitting on the shelf - along with 10 of every other gasket, for how many models of bike Suzuki has sold! That's BS! - a dealer would order in a top end or bottom end gasket set, the same as anyone else! You might order in bulk and receive a discount but they'd still be individually packed!

3 hours ago, Gixer1460 said:

Why would any dealer want 10 head 1100 EFE gaskets sitting on the shelf - along with 10 of every other gasket, for how many models of bike Suzuki has sold! That's BS! - a dealer would order in a top end or bottom end gasket set, the same as anyone else! You might order in bulk and receive a discount but they'd still be individually packed!

where the fuck did i say "10 head 1100 EFE gaskets" ????  I SAID some gaskets come in multi packs and some come individually wrapped. this is not made up as ive seen it first hand after working in several motorcycle dealers.   they also do it in the car trade as i worked in the stores at a car dealer.  how many bike shops have you worked in ? 

.... experience in motorcycle mechanics /performance or anything else related to it .....has sweet fuck all to do about  “working” in a stealership . Get your facts straight before you poke at others abilities or knowledge ..... now go have a piece humble pie .

6 hours ago, TonyGee said:

where the fuck did i say "10 head 1100 EFE gaskets" ????  I SAID some gaskets come in multi packs and some come individually wrapped. this is not made up as ive seen it first hand after working in several motorcycle dealers.   they also do it in the car trade as i worked in the stores at a car dealer.  how many bike shops have you worked in ? 

You may not have given a number but you agreed with Swiss Toni who did quote 10No., so to normal people that's saying a multi pack could well be 10No.! And a couple of bike shops actually - not employed but worked at and they either ordered in single quality head gaskets for a performance application or top end sets for 'run of the mill' rebuilds. Excess stock on the shelf is just dead money. I stand by my comments so we'll agree to disagree!

What i was trying to say is, Suzuki do supply gaskets in multi packs as ive seen them first hand, im talking about smaller gaskets  NOT head gaskets, i was trying to give the dealer that supplied Toni's gasket the benefit of the doubt !!!!!!  he might be telling the truth about the head gaskets coming in a multi pack.  end off. 

• Like 1

Maybe they supply 'wholesalers' with a big box of high value parts who then go on to supply smaller scale 'dealers' with individual bits as and when required. The argument may therefore be the result of semantics or mistranslation (if non-English-as-a-first-language seller) if 'wholesaler' and 'dealer' are conflated.

On 5/22/2021 at 12:20 AM, Gixer1460 said:

Actually the part # is correct also 11141 - 49230 is correct. But both have been superceded by part # 11141 - 00A03. Information from AlphaSports. I would be more concerned that 'if genuine' a) why it was pictured clearly not in original packing and with random suzuki label and b) why you didn't get what was pictured and critically without the label! I smell a knock off gasket being passed off as original - its also its too cheap as everything even on Eblag is min. £69 + ! ! !

A lot of parts I order for my GS have superseeded parts numbers.. 

Here you find part numbers, also shows superseeded part numbers.

https://www.cmsnl.com/products/gasketcylinder-head-nas_1114100a03/

https://www.cmsnl.com/suzuki-gs1150-1984-e-usa-e03_model16005/partslist/#.YLESjKgzaM8

Edited by Reinhoud

I have gaskets for a dirtbike from a different eom that came as multiple gaskets in a single bag with the part number sticker on the bag. as well as the same parts in separate  sealed packages. I did not but them new, so I dont know yow the original owner obtained them, but it is possible.