Gs1000 carb rubbers

Just purchased Harris fitted with gs1000 on 34mm cv carbs ..need new head to carb rubbers to try out engine before deciding on way forward.....engine swap or run as is for a bit .

trawled site and some say z1000 carb rubbers fit ,bought a set from fleebay but stud spacing was to small.

anybody actually know which model Kwak fits gs head ...68mm stud spacing ...yeah there’s a set of gen Suzuki ones on flee bay but don’t want to spend £250 to try engine then swap it out ..

Thanks for all the info ,just ordered a set  off a GSXF 750  £15 from fleebay ..fingers crossed 34mm CVs from my ET will fit ...just enough to prove/disprove the engine..I have b12 carbs from another project but not sure if they will drown a stock motor....more to follow when we have go.........

• Like 1

This is a project I bought recently....been laid up for a long time..turns over freely .all gears are there ..but don’t know anything else yet...hence the cheap route to assess the engine..

i have and will continue to take pictures ...soon to be on show

• Like 2
18 hours ago, Tardis said:

This is a project I bought recently....been laid up for a long time..turns over freely .all gears are there ..but don’t know anything else yet...hence the cheap route to assess the engine..

i have and will continue to take pictures ...soon to be on show

Even if it ran like a pig it still wouldn't mean the engine is duff. I'd give it a compression test first, then remove all the covers, sump etc and inspect what is possible then take it from there. If it's in a Magnum frame the engine has to come out to remove the cam cover but this is much easier than a bike with a cradle frame. A bike with the original air cooled lump is always going to be way more desirable than one with a Blandit 12 (or GSXR) replacement.

3 hours ago, Dezza said:

Even if it ran like a pig it still wouldn't mean the engine is duff. I'd give it a compression test first, then remove all the covers, sump etc and inspect what is possible then take it from there. If it's in a Magnum frame the engine has to come out to remove the cam cover but this is much easier than a bike with a cradle frame. A bike with the original air cooled lump is always going to be way more desirable than one with a Blandit 12 (or GSXR) replacement.

Oils draining as type..black but no obvious metal etc. Know my way about engines..it’s been my job for 40yrs.                        I would like to keep the GS engine if at all possible. Will bring back memories of my 1000S way back in 1980.  Just want to run engine to check the obvious...no bangs/clangs etc that shouldn’t be there .Hence going down the bandit carb route for test run.Not really fussy about setting up carb jetting etc .Engine will be coming out for clean up anyway .

Cheers for the interest and positive comments.

• 1 year later...

Yeah l know it’s been a year , I fitted carb rubbers and carbs today. Didn’t use gs1000 cv’s as when I opened them up all the pilots were butchered and stuck. Fitted a set of gsx1100 cv carbs ,only mod was the lower retaining bar on gsx carbs needed a wee mod to clear cam chain tensioner , as per gs carbs. New after market head to carb rubbers lined up perfectly. Hopefully the big ignition tomorrow or Thursday depending on work. 

Promise I won’t take another year for next update .

• Like 2
15 hours ago, bitzz said:

Late to the party.... if you're looking for FLANGED carb boots, that are bolted on: they're a Mikuni part, available from Sudco

Got 4 from our Chinese friends £27 for 4 ......can’t comment on the quality yet but fit and seem ok .

• Like 1