ET FRAME differences

4 minutes ago, Swiss Toni said:

There’s not much point, as you say, doing a 7/11 with a tubular GSX frame. Some may do it just because a 750 frame turned up at the time. Different kettle of fish with the 750/1100 alloy frames though. 

Unless, you've got a shitty 1100 frame with a dodgy downtube. :D:D

• Like 1

My ET is a 750 frame with an 1100 engine in changed back in the 80s and the only real difference is the bottom engine mount,can’t confirm the swingarm as I have killer K front and rear ends in it.If you need a solid frame I would buy whatever you can find and imagine 750 frames are less of a premium and maybe easier to find?

7 minutes ago, downtheshed said:

A 750 one ,  has just turned up near me, so I'll pick it up as a spare, hoping to get my 1100 one repaired this month.  What is the going rate for one at present, 11 or 750 ??

Now that's a never ending question, condition and is a v5 with it?

I'd say £150 but I've seen them with a extra £100 on that.

22 minutes ago, Simbec1863 said:

That’s what I thought but my 75X frame has the brace although I’ve seen them without to 

has someone welded a brace on your frame at some point ? looking at mine it doesn't have one but i was just thinking its possible to make one that bolts to the front engine mounts. 

3 minutes ago, TonyGee said:

has someone welded a brace on your frame at some point ? looking at mine it doesn't have one but i was just thinking its possible to make one that bolts to the front engine mounts. 

They could have done way back in the past it’s hard to tell now as it’s been painted and powder coated for so long that you can’t tell if its factory welded or fabricated by a previous owner

Very useful post.

Perfect timing. I’ve started digging out ET parts for another build but I have a 750 frame. Motor will be air or oil cooled 1100.

Good info about the spindle. I need an arm so I’m guessing I can use either with a bit of work, bore frame or sleeve the arm.  I’m told a few have used Blandit 12 arms. 

C90906-C5-2-EB3-468-B-9-B36-593-CFC2-CFE

• Like 4

yeah there are a load more bikes that are 'better' than yours...turbo gsx's gsxr's etc that i luv....but every now and then there are bikes that have it...wotever that means..and yours has it in bundles..nice execution of the OSS theorem

• Like 2
11 hours ago, tobar said:

and if the other ET keeps its blue frame and orange/rust tank then that will be cool oldskool too

Thanks. I already have another ET and some other projects. If I drop on any trick or flash bits they will go on my other bike and I’ll use it’s parts on this build. If they are budget / rough bits they’ll go on the Orange / Blue bike (a few folk have said “don’t paint and polish it) 

My other ET has been on here before. 

364-D68-BF-939-B-4-BA1-B6-ED-199-DA54562

Edited by Tony Nitrous