1100j engine identification

Just been trying to trace my bikes engine its a 1052 1100j slabby  number U704-107427 , looking at the Suzuki gsxr records as far as i can tell it was supposed to be a model for France/ W.Germany  with a question mark on whether it was restricted.

I have the original sales receipt from 1988 - sold by Crooks in barrow in furnace with the matching engine number and so i know the motor hasnt been swapped, did some of these bikes end up in Uk and would it have been restricted at the time? - it aint now BTW ,124bhp dyno readout. 

1 hour ago, philwright said:

Just been trying to trace my bikes engine its a 1052 1100j slabby  number U704-107427 , looking at the Suzuki gsxr records as far as i can tell it was supposed to be a model for France/ W.Germany  with a question mark on whether it was restricted.

I have the original sales receipt from 1988 - sold by Crooks in barrow in furnace with the matching engine number and so i know the motor hasnt been swapped, did some of these bikes end up in Uk and would it have been restricted at the time? - it aint now BTW ,124bhp dyno readout. 

wern't they restricted through the carbs/ignition ????  not sure with the European bikes. Crooks Suzuki is where i used to work and it Furness by the way. ;) 

59 minutes ago, TonyGee said:

wern't they restricted through the carbs/ignition ????  not sure with the European bikes. Crooks Suzuki is where i used to work and it Furness by the way. ;) 

I was once told, a lot of the EU new bikes where restricted by the CDI to keep them below the 100bhp limit them lot are limited to :( Just glad we didn't get that one :D Same with the hi-viz crap

• Like 1