Teapot oil cooler question

Hi gents (and gentesses). I'm building a HUC outlaw trike using a '97 GSX750F engine. The front end is going to be quite skeletal, small tank, girder forks etc, but the standard oil cooler looks like a bloody sail, plus its been well battered so I'm hoping to replace it with something narrower. 

Would it be OK to run a smaller oil cooler, especially as the engine and cooler are going to be totally exposed?  or maybe use a narrower 16 or 19 row cooler?

Thanks in advance.

TB2_Assembly10.jpg

Edited by Fenty
  • Like 2

At least that's different! :)

This is an unusual question to ask on OSS because on here it is almost mandatory to use on an oil cooled engine a large aftermarket cooler with fancy fittings, and preferentially an additionally head cooler too.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, vizman said:

Heat dissipates much better when it’s not surrounded by standard shizzle 

But sometimes that 'standard shizzle' helps direct airflow to and over the std. radiator ! I have to agree with MB49 - that is a lot more load for a 750 to lug, around so reduced cooling may not be the best direction!

I don't mind keeping the same volume/area, as long as it's narrower. The standard cooler is nearly as wide as the back end! xD

And yes, I'm in Norn Iron (Northern Ireland) and it does rain a lot, but this ride will see very little of that sort of thing.

Edited by Fenty
1 hour ago, Fenty said:

I don't mind keeping the same volume/area, as long as it's narrower. The standard cooler is nearly as wide as the back end! xD

And yes, I'm in Norn Iron (Northern Ireland) and it does rain a lot, but this ride will see very little of that sort of thing.

Rotate standard by 90 degrees?