Slingy 750 frame with bandit 12 lump

I have put 1100 teapot engine into 750K frame without taking anything off. It is tight, but can be done.

You have to play with lower back engine mount. Either make spacer which you slide into engine or drill mounting holes on the frame to 12mm.

Once engine is in place, only way to remove valve cover is to take all engine mounting bolts off. That way engine drops a few cm and you are able to take cover off.

So protip, adjust your valve clearances before mounting the engine. 

1 hour ago, Baron said:

I have put 1100 teapot engine into 750K frame without taking anything off. It is tight, but can be done.

You have to play with lower back engine mount. Either make spacer which you slide into engine or drill mounting holes on the frame to 12mm.

Once engine is in place, only way to remove valve cover is to take all engine mounting bolts off. That way engine drops a few cm and you are able to take cover off.

So protip, adjust your valve clearances before mounting the engine. 

Engine is in now but I took the sump off to squeeze it in and now I have the problem of not being able to get my fucking rocker cover on!! 
looks like I’ll ha e to remove all the engine mounts as you’ve said and get the rocker on!!! Ffs!! What a bastard!!!

7 minutes ago, no class said:

......done until the next valve adjustment interval ....or if you forgot , while the engine was out.....that interval may be sooner than later .

Well let’s hope it didn’t need them doing, because I’ve never done valve clearances before