Fuck motorcycle thieves.

So my 7/11 got stolen back in August of 2019, couple nights ago a friend saw it for sale on facebook market place, and today I started going through all the damage they did to it so I can rebuild it. 

Going to probably start a proper build thread once I get parts ordered, and maybe have a better idea of what direction I want to go with it this time.

4D01CB1D-F4FF-4155-BE36-4E6DD7C023FE.jpeg

09D90BD3-AAB6-4BEB-9D18-DB20ABA81F5C.jpeg

7B59A41A-0EB1-4A0C-A335-71711EAA1070.jpeg

EAA0B6BF-2B26-4CBE-B760-0806B8487811.jpeg

15539DD2-9AF4-4F8A-BC33-B54FC0E5968E.jpeg

E8FE311D-7ABF-4EE2-83FB-BA4A189149EC.jpeg

F026C31F-4FC0-4BCB-9D6B-9ACC7DCA0AA4.jpeg

24 minutes ago, R1guy said:

Glad you got it back.

So how did you go about collecting it from the “seller”?

Seller got it from the tow yard that had gotten it from the insurance company after it was recovered. I'd already been paid out on it, showed the seller I was the original owner and he sold it to me for about what he had into it. $500.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Dezza said:

Glad to hear you got your bike back. If the insurance company knew of its recovery to enable them to flog it to the yard, you'd have expected them to have contacted the claimant first to find out if they wanted their bike back or not O.o.

Its Murica - fings don't work like that. Recover costs asap is all that is important!

6 hours ago, Upshotknothole said:

Seller got it from the tow yard that had gotten it from the insurance company after it was recovered. I'd already been paid out on it, showed the seller I was the original owner and he sold it to me for about what he had into it. $500.

Sounds like the seller was a decent guy not turning a profit on it, usually if they thinks there's sentimental value they whack the price up.

Brand new wiring loom is around 300 bucks at the stealership.

That would definitely be a hassle free solution

A clean one should be landed for less than that. 

I wouldn't bother messing around wkth the one thats currently on the bike

Other than that it doesn't look like it needs much work

12 hours ago, Gixer1460 said:

Its Murica - fings don't work like that. Recover costs asap is all that is important!

Exactly that. And it was recovered last May in the middle of the covid shutdown and I doubt the insurance company gave a damn about letting anyone know about recovered vehicles. I'd even specifically asked to be able to buy the bike back if it was recovered.

43 minutes ago, Joseph said:

Brand new wiring loom is around 300 bucks at the stealership.

That would definitely be a hassle free solution

A clean one should be landed for less than that. 

I wouldn't bother messing around wkth the one thats currently on the bike

Other than that it doesn't look like it needs much work

Not seeing any new harnesses available for it, but I have a box of used harnesses. I've already started ripping that shit off the bike, too much trouble to even try and figure out how it was supposed to work.

Well, looks like they left the switch gear alone and only hacked up the harness. Need to dig through my spares and see what I have. Any suggestions on where to get a new lock set? Need ignition, tank, and seat. Thought about going m-unit and then looked at their prices. Too much damn money for what’s gonna be a daily again when it’s done. 

ACD71D89-B259-4A35-9640-31A9C7475D94.jpeg

E5DE3565-4695-4329-94EB-0B79F0434E62.jpeg

A117F076-B6A1-467B-ACEF-E7CCFBDA487A.jpeg